Different

Lucy's POV

Something was different. I sat with Jacob on my lap. Andy was watching cartoons. Murphy was laying beside me on the bed. We were all in the bed today. It was one of our family lazy days. I looked at Jacob. He never looked like Luke. Not since the day he was born. Jacob looked like Murphy. A lot. It was so noticeable that people asked. Even, Abigail commented on it one day. Why did my baby look like Murphy? Luke and Murphy didn't look anything alike. Not at all. So why did Jacob look like Murphy? I had no reasonable answer to that question. I had to go to the bathroom and Murphy took Jacob. Jacob didn't take to Luke like he should have. He absolutely loved Murphy. It was like they had a connection when Murphy first held him. This week we learned some very important information. Murphy and I were some of the most powerful wolves in the world. I knew I was a female alpha, but I didn't think I would be a powerful wolf. Murphy and I were to be crowned King and Queen of the werewolf population. Jacob was to be the next alpha. I used the bathroom and came out. Murphy was laying with Jacob on his chest and was dozing off. Andy was already sleep at the foot of the bed. I laid beside Murphy and pushed his black hair out of his face. He smiled sleepy at me, his blue eyes filled with sleep.

"I love you."

His voice was slurred. I looked lovingly at him and kissed his forehead.

"I love you too."

Murphy's breathing evened out and slowed. I listened to his heartbeat and fell asleep on his side.

The next morning when I woke up I noticed everyone was gone. There was no sign of Jacob, Andy, or Murphy. The aroma of bacon and waffles filled my nose. I sat up in the bed and sniffed the air. Everyone was downstairs making breakfast. I slowly climbed out of bed and went down the stairs.

"Morning babe!"

Murphy's voice cut through the air.

"Morning."

I leaned down and kissed Andy's head. Murphy was holding Jacob. I pulled him out of his arms and held him. He giggled and snuggled his little head into my shoulder. I rubbed his back and kissed Murphy. Apparently, we were having a breakfast feast. It was bacon, waffles, pancakes, sausage, eggs, and more. It was even ham!

"What did I do to deserve this wonderful breakfast?"

"You a good mommy!"

Andy's voice was loud and very shrill.

"Andy, baby, why are you talking like that?"

"No reason."

I laughed and we all sat down to eat. If I had known what would happen next I would've hugged everyone tighter. The back door busted open and men poured in. I grabbed Jacob and and I saw Murphy grab Andy. Next thing I know is that I'm being knocked down. Jacob was pulled away from me and I could hear Murphy's frantic screams. I looked up and saw Luke. He smirked at me and hit me in the head. The last thing I remember is the pain and blacking out.