Smile Dog

Quote from Smile Dog: "Spread The Word." 

Origin: Smile Dog (also known smile.jpg) is a supposedly "haunted" image dating back to the beginnings of the internet, smile.jpg has a reputation for driving those who view it insane, making its victims view it in their mind's eye at every turn. While it has been discovered that these images in victims' minds are the result of epileptic seizures, there is no clear understanding of just WHY the image causes this. All of the victims who spoke up about their experiences, however, have said that they are also visited by the dog-like creature in the image, named "Smile Dog".

Appearance: Smile Dog appears as a Siberian husky with grey and pink-like fur, accompanied with an inhuman smile. When he transforms into his demon form his fur turns red with a yellowish tint and black on the top of his head, his smile is far more bigger.

Personality: Smile Dog is a merciless, sadistic, cruel, evil, satanic and manipulative sadist, taking advantage of his victim's fragile minds and breaking them while taunting them and telling them to spread his image across the internet, and possibly even the world. Smile Dog is surprisingly patient, he waits for his victims to give in to his demands and leaves them alone when they do, as he knows just what he's doing and takes pride in his job.

Powers & Abilities: Smile Dog is able to cross over into dreams and turn them into nightmares where he's able to render the victim helpless, unable to speak, and tells them what he wants. He's also able to shape-shift into more of a demonic version of himself used primarily to terrify and force his victims into doing what he says. In some versions of the story, he's able to cross over to the real world and murder the victim, dragging their souls down with him to Hell, which is believed to be his place of origin.

Facts: 

- The original author of the story still remains unknown.

- The exact origin of the Smile.jpg Creepypasta is unknown but is rumoured to have been first posted on the /x/ (paranormal) board on the imageboard 4chan in 2008. According to the occult-related blog Aether Paranormal, the earliest known image tied to the story is the one shown above.