➳ THIRTY FIVE

XXXV. WHO'S THE SNITCH?

The next two months flew by in a flurry of studying stress and the seventh year students taking in their last few months at Hogwarts

The next two months flew by in a flurry of studying stress and the seventh year students taking in their last few months at Hogwarts. It still hadn't sunk into Ruth's mind that she would be soon leaving Hogwarts, never to return.

Fred and George's birthday was on the first day of April. It was on a Monday, so they were unable to do anything too crazy for the Weasleys twin's eighteenth birthday but they still made it special with bewitched balloons that made her voice sound like Professor Snape's.

Dumbeldore's Army met almost every week. With the Quidditch Inter-House championship final coming up, many of the DA's members were unavailable for many nights of the week. But the group we're heavily improving their defence skills nonetheless.

"I think we will try the Patronus Charm today," Harry announced to the group during one of their meetings in April. "It's pretty tricky, so don't worry if you don't get it. You need to think of the happiest memory you have; let it fill you up. Expecto Patronum is the incantation."

Some people attempted the spell immediately, while others paused to think. Ruth was part of the second group, since she couldn't think of a memory straight away.

Ruth flipped through her thoughts, focusing on her favourite people and the time she had spent with them. Beside her, Casper was saying the spell quite loudly and looking quite frustrated when his Patronus didn't appear.

Ruth sighed and closed her eyes, focusing on her chosen memory with a smile on her face. She lifted up her wand, calling out "Expecto Patroum!"

She opened her mind just in time to see a faint silhouette of an animal bursting from her wand. The silver mist moved so quickly that Ruth didn't get to see what form her Patronus took.

"First try?" Harry asked, since he just happened to be passing at that moment. He raised his eyebrows as Ruth nodded shyly. "Wow. Impressive."

Ruth continued to practice the charm, determined to get it perfect by the end of the meeting (or close to perfect anyway).

"Expecto Patroum!" Ruth said, following up her words with a squeal as the spell came out of her wand stronger than before. Ruth could hear the fluttering of wings, giggling as she looked up at her patronus.

"Butterflies?" Fred asked, walking up to her as Ruth gazed at the dozen butterflies. "That actually makes a bit of sense."

"How come you get 12 patronuses?" George asked when he landed beside his brother.

Ruth chuckled and watched as Fred was called away by her sister, leaving Ruth alone with George. He grinned at her, which made Ruth realise that she's never really spoken to him, and she probably should start. She was dating his brother.