PART 2 | our tradition

Caiden's P

Caiden's P.O.V

SOMETHING WET AND cold washed over me. My eyes flashed open at the sudden change of temperature on my body and the texture of whatever it was somehow had me rolling to the side.

"What the hell, Kingston!" I exclaimed looking down at my bare chest and favourite basketball shorts, which were now drenched in what looked to be... "Orange juice?" I sat up from his air mattress, the one that I had been sleeping on for the past few nights in a row.

Lately, it seemed that an overly large plastic bag filled with air can grow to offer more comfort than one's own home.

Kingston let out alow boyish chuckle. "It was the only thing that I could find."

Turns out this boy would be more of a family tome too than my own. 

"Why wouldn't you just wake me up with water?" The thick pulp from the orange juice latched itself all over my skin. "Seriously bro, orange juice of all things?"

Running a hand through his black mess of a hairstyle, Kingston answered with, "It had to be chucked out."

My eyes narrowed and my eyebrow lifted in suspicion. "Why?"

"Because it's out of date by like a month," then he turned on his back heel and walked into the bathroom which was connected to his room.

"So you decided to pour it on me instead of into  the bin?" I looked down at myself and the orange mess that I would have to clean up. Shaking my head, I call out after him, "King?"

He pops his head around the door. "Yup?"

"I hate you."

He just grins at me, "love you too man."

Kingston Soith, also known interchangeably with the nickname 'King', had been my mate for a very long time and my frequent house visits would become something known well to him and the rest of his family for just as long as that friendship.

And hate or not from this damn orange juice, I really did love the guy.

Grabbing the change of spare clothes and the towel he left me from the side of his bed, I made my way down the hall and into another bathroom instead of waiting for Kingston to get out of the one in his room. 

I strip out of my juice covered shorts then rinse off in the shower. Let's hope I won't be smelling like orange juice for the whole day.

Humming softly to a tune I heard on the radio yesterday, I let the water wash over me. If only it would clean the dirt that my own home left scattered across my heart. 

I had shown up to King's house late last night like every other night before for the past three days. And before I had even knocked he had opened the door with that knowing look of again? on his features. He took one look at scarred remnants of shouting behind my eyes, and left the door wide open and I followed him into the kitchen for a drink.