PART 47 | if it was love

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

FOUR WEEKS PASSED and I was going to hurl my crutches in front of a bus.

Despite the incident, my soul longs to ride the waves. My days are boring now. I go to school, avoid Caiden, come home do my homework, sometimes cry a little with Roscoe lying on the bed with me, then I repeat all over again.

I wobble out of my last class and start toward my locker.

"So how long will you have that cast on?"
Julie asks me as she helps me carry my books.

I groan, weaving in and out of students passing by. "Fucking three months."

"Dang."

"I know right, it's only been a couple of weeks and they're already pissing me off."

We reach my locker and I lean against it for support. My arms and hands killing me. Julie already knows my combination, so I let her do all the work, she's nice like that, the best even. I don't know what I'd do without her.

"Hey girls!" Michelle exclaims sauntering down the hallway towards us. There's an exciting look in her eye. When she reaches us, the look still hasn't left. I'm beginning to find it rather suspicious.

"What are you doing after school?" She directs the question to me.

I shrug. "The same thing as yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that."

"Nah uh." She shakes her head. "No more moping around."

Julie leans against the locker next to me. "We're going to Food Garage, Hayley too and you're coming with us."

"No way, I have homework to do, plus there's a surf comp I want to watch over."

"Kennedy." Michelle crosses her arms over her chest. "It's been four weeks, you need to get out of the house, who gives a shit about homework."

Julie cocks her head sideways, narrowing her eyes at me. "And you still haven't told us what really happened between you and Caiden."

I swallow, looking away for a brief second. I decided not to tell the girls what happened, I mean come on, Jersey and Julie finally sorted things out, and I guess I didn't want Hayley to feel the way I do right now.
I might tell them, eventually. Mentally I groan, frick I don't know.

Some part of me wishes for Via not to have told me.
Amongst the boring, these past weeks have also been the worst. I've tried really hard to avoid Caiden, at first, he tried to talk to me in any way he could, but eventually, he caved in and gave me the space I argued for.

"He's a player," I answer. "Boys will always be boys, I don't want a player."

Julie and Michelle eye each other, exchanging some kind of conversation before moving away from the topic. "So will you please, please, please, come to Food Garage with us."