PART 38 | found it

Heads up: wifi needed for this chapter,
if you want to hear an idea of Caiden's Voice :)

Long chapter ahead btw

Caiden's P.O.V

"WHAT MUSICAL ABILITY do you actually possess?" Kennedy asked me. It was weeks later and we were chilling in music class -the only subject where the teacher hardly gives out work.

I lean back in my chair to study her. She has her elbows propped up on the table, head resting in her hands with her caramel blonde hair cascading out of a high ponytail.

"Who said I had one?"

Kennedy scrunches her nose up in an adorable manner. "You've aced the theory tests and you've got perfect pitch, so obviously you do have musical ability."

I chuckle.

"So?"

"So what babe?" I plant the chair legs firmly back on the ground.

"So Caiden, how come your taking this class."

Leaning closer, I cup her jaw and kiss her swiftly. "To be with you," I murmured against her gentle lips.

Kennedy rolls her eyes and pushes me away playfully. "Yeah right, you didn't even know me when we chose our classes."

"I know you now."

She grins. "Do you?"

"Your favourite colour is Orange, you love the waves," I tick them off each finger. "You've been surfing since you were little - it's your everything, your idol is Bethany Hamilton, you hate pickles and peanut butter. Go to movie is The Breakfast Club and Pirates of the Caribbean-"

She cuts me off with a kiss. "Ok, you know me."
Suddenly the guitar that sat beside her is thrust into my lap. "Now play this."

I stare quizzically at the instrument.

"Never mind then, from the way your looking at it, it is not your Musical Ability."

A laugh escapes my lips. She really is determined to figure out what I can do.

She tugs at my sleeve. "Come on, try the piano."

We sit on the long black stool and she nudges my shoulder with hers. "Go on."

I poke at a couple of keys with my index finger, a silly and horrific sounding tune comes to life. I've never played a piano properly in my life.

"Seriously mate. I give up." Her green eyes bore up into mine. "Just tell me."

"But the fun would be ruined if I did."