PART 24 | the ocean

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

"HOW DO YOU make this look so easy!" complains Jersey as he surfaces from his fall into the water.

I shrug and smirk at him. "Cause it is."

Jersey splashes water at me, "it is totally not."

We got to the beach about an hour ago. Michelle and Hayley quickly stopped by their houses for swim suits before they met us. While me and the others went straight to my house, dropping off Sage and picking up our five surf boards.

Julie borrowed one of my simple styles black bikini's and I changed into an emerald green one. To match my eyes, and I'm not gonna lie, also because Caiden said his favourite colour was green.
The boys decided to just swim in their shorts.

"Kingston! Watch out!" Hayley laughs as the board he's using collides with Caiden's and they both lose their balance and topple off into the ocean.

I laugh with her. They all have one of the five boards except for me and Hayley, who surprisingly already knows how to surf. So instead we both help teach them.

"Julie, Michelle? You ready? There's a small wave coming," I turn to my girlfriends in the water. We're not too far out, just to the point where the water reaches my chin.

They look around clearly confused. "But I don't see a wave."

I shake my head, "It's forming."

Then just after that, the wave takes on form, the splash of white soon breaking. The girls start paddling towards me slightly so they can catch it, as soon as they do I shout, "Yes!! Yes!! Stand now!!"

The look hesitant at first but Michelle stands up first and spreads her arms wide for balance. "Go Michelle, Go!!" The boys shout from their places in the water.

Michelle's full on grinning and as she rides past me before she sticks out her tongue and holds her hands up in a rock out gesture.

Julie slowly pushed herself up into a standing position but doesn't hold it for long, her balance completely off.

"Good try Jules," Hayley says.

All of a sudden a hand placed itself on my head and I get dunked under water.

"What the heck?" I say and turn around in all directions after re surfacing to try and find who did it.

"Woohoo!" Caiden waves his hand to get my attention.

He's on his board and paddled further out. And I know he's the one who dunked me.