PART 39 | live a little

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

I COULD HARDLY sleep last night. Caiden's words consumed my thoughts and then so did our kiss.

Don't even get me started on that kiss. I'd never felt that with anyone before.

I groan and hop out of the shower. Why'd it have to end, if I had it my way we'd have kissed into the night.

"Kennedy!" Sage bangs his fists against the bathroom door. "It's my turn to shower."

If this were months ago, I would've yelled at him and spent an extra few minutes in here just to piss him off.
But today I feel lighter, mum seemed to approve of Caiden last night, not to mention I just want to go to school and see that face I've grown to like.

Sage bangs on the door again. "Come on!"

You know what? Screw it, I'm still gonna piss him off. If I didn't, I wouldn't be much of a big sister would I?

Blow drying my hair for a couple minutes I then pull on some ripped jean shorts and a cosy collared sweater.

Soon enough though, I have to hand over the bathroom

Soon enough though, I have to hand over the bathroom. He groans when I open the door. "Darn it, you didn't fall down the drain."

I roll my eyes at him and head downstairs for breakfast. "Morning dad." I kissed his cheek as I rounded past him to look in the fridge.

"Will you be warm enough in that?" My mother questioned my choice of clothing. "It's supposed to rain today."

I take out a pottle of yoghurt and some strawberry's from the fridge and set them on the islander. "I'll be fine. I love rain anyways."

Mum raises her eyebrows at me with that look on her face that every teenager would know.

"I said I'll be fine."

"That's my girl," Dad said as he downed the rest of his smoothie. "Tough as a nail."

"So Kennedy," mum began again. "Will you be seeing your boyfriend today?"