PART 31 | text message

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

IVE MISSED ALMOST a whole week of school because mum discovered my truancy.

Each day I'd go to all of my dads appointments, as a "punishment" but also because she's sick of them and wants a break. Sometimes dad had 2 appointments a day, others he had 4, at the most.

Mum had taken my phone off of me so I have no idea what's going on at school, or if Caiden's texted me at all.

But basically he's all I've been thinking about.

I'm currently at the physio with my father. One of the physio therapists is helping dad strength his thigh muscles.

"Doing good dad!" I say in the most encouraging voice I can master.

Dad looks over his shoulder at me and smiles. Sweat dripping down his forehead. "Thanks hon," he takes a deep breath before talking again, "it's great," breath, "to have you," breath, "here."

He stops completely. The muscles burned out. "I was getting a bit sick of your mother's constant voice."

I laugh.

"Okay so we are currently waiting for your prosthetics to arrive. They will be in, in a few days, so until then we'll keep up with the physio therapy," spoke the man helping my father back into his wheelchair.

"Want to go for lunch?" Dad asked me as we turned toward the doors.

"Sure."

We thought about going to the hospital cafe, but the food there is absouloute shit, dad said. So I helped him back into the van and I drove us to 'Food Garage.'

It took a while to get the chair lift working on the mobility van. But in the end, after I kicked it a few times. It worked and Dad and I wheeled on in.

The stares were uncomfortable, they came from young ones which I understood but the adults who stared really just annoyed the hell out of me. But after a while I got used to it, I had to.

We seated at a lower table near the window, one where we could pull away a chair so dads wheelchair could fit in.

"So tell me 'bout school," He said, not looking up from his menu.

I roll my eyes. Why can't parents come up with something more unique?
"Its a beauty dad."

"Good to hear. Now tell me 'bout these friends of yours."

I smile. "There's Michelle and Julie. Michelle is a total fashion diva and Julie's quirky but shy at times."

Dad nods his head approvingly. "I bet they're very nice girls."

I hold up my finger. "Theres more."

He chuckles. "Of course there is."

"Hayley can surf. The other day we taught the others together. She's rides a mean wave."

Dads face falters. And his eyes instantly look down to his legs.

Fuuuuuuuuck. I should'a thought that one through. I quickly begin again, "Jersey's the goofball. He's basically a 6-year-old trapped inside a 17 year old."

"Then there's Caiden." I bite my lip to stop my smile from growing, though I'm pretty sure I failed. "He's a bit of everything."

Dad cocks his head slightly and looks at me in a way someone would study for a test. Examining every crucial bit of information.

"Anyone else?" He breaks the silence.

"Yep. One more. His names King, well Kingston to be exact. He's a pro basketballer and gets along with every body."

"They all seem just right for my Kennedy."

"Is someone talking about me?" Someone said from out behind me.

I swing around in my chair to see Kingston standing there with a little girl standing proud right beside him. "Speak of the devil. I must be like, some kind of Harry Potter."

He laughs. "You'll have to teach me."

I grin. "Well this is my dad."

King smiles and holds his hand out over the table. "I'm Kingston. Nice to meet you, Mr Dyline."

Dad shakes his hand, a smile also on his face. "Firm grip you got there."

"And my names Kimmy," Spoke the younger girl. Our attention turns to her. She looks just like King, ocean blue eyes, lengthy brown hair and adorable smile.

"Gosh your gorgeous" I admire.

Kimmy beams at me. "So are you." I giggle at her kindness.

"We haven't seen you in a while," King told me, "Caiden's gone crazy." 

Caiden misses me? I kind of miss him and the girls too. I let out a tiny sigh, "Yeah, still grounded."

King gives me a small smile, probably feeling my pain. "Well, we better leave you to your food, nice meeting you Mr Dyline."

"You too, son."

As Kingston and his younger sister walk away, they pass dad before holds up his phone and points to it. I shook my head, trying to say i couldn't because I didn't have my phone, but he turned around, oblivous.

"I think I'll order some bolognaise," Dad said while closing his menu.

I glanced at mine again. "Yep, me too."

A few seconds later once King and Kim sat down. My phone pings with a message from inside my dads pocket. I flit my eyes toward the booth they're sitting in. All day, dad has had my phone in his pocket. He has respected my privacy and hasn't looked, until now.

"Text message from KINGSTON" He reads. "Caiden's holding Jersey's b-day party, 2morrow night at 6 "

I hold up my hands. "I didn't know. I wasn't going to sneak out."

Dad laughs. "I know you wouldn't." He places my phone on the table and pushes it across. It slides over tempting me, but I don't pick it up.

"Take it."

At his approval I pick it up and look at the message on screen.

"Seen as it's your friends birthday, I'll let you go. But your still grounded."

"Mum won't agree with this."

Dad grins, a mischievous look gleams in his eye. "She doesn't have to know."

Now it's my turn to raise an eyebrow. "But she'll hear me go, and she checks on me every night."

"I'll keep her busy. But you have to do one thing for me."

"What's that?"

"Get them to sneak you out. It's the only fun part."

I laugh. He lost this part of himself when the accident happened. But my dad's slowly coming back. And I love it.

A/N:
For: Craving_5sos

Playing The SurferOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara