PART 13 | my ex

Heads up: contains sexual scenes.

Caiden's P.O.V

NOT LONG AFTER Kennedy left detention, I snuck out and walked home.

It's not like my house is that far from the school. And I really don't have any other option, Kings taken Hayley to a diner and Jerseys got a science tutoring lesson. So it was either walk home or stay in that hell hole of a detention lab.

So I'm walking home, of course. Though I don't know why I'm going there when I could just walk to King's house or Jerseys. At least I'm welcome there.

I'm not even sure if I'm welcome at my own house, but I guess I am, seen as I'm the only one who lives and sleeps in it. Dads hardly there, he's never been the same since mum.

If mum could see him now, I bet she'd hate who he's become. Though she probably wouldn't like who I've become either.

I send Kingston a quick text that says I'll drop him off his clothes I borrowed tomorrow morning or tonight. Either-ither.

Pulling up into the driveway I notice dads truck, parked in the opened garage. I let out a sigh.

I bet you ten bucks that as soon as I walk in the door, dad will bombard me with questions, scold me a little on how irresponsible I am or some kind of shit like that. Then he'll grab his coat and walk out the door saying he's out for a drink with the workmates.

Am I right or am I right?

I open the entrance door, and there he is.

"Que the questions," I mumble inaudibly.

My father turns around from looking in the fridge, a serious emotion set place on his face. "Now where exactly have you been boy?!"

"At school."

"School ended over an hour ago."

I shrug one shoulder. "I got detention."

My father slams his palm down on the table, "YOU GOT DETENTION ON THE FIRST DAY BACK?!"

I don't reply, I just walk over to the cupboard and pull out a packet of chips.

"Answer me boy! Your mother and I didn't raise you to end up like this," he shouts. Gesturing me up and down.

"We didn't raise you to go around getting detentions, drunk at parties, and not to sleep around with girls."

I try my best to ignore him, I've had this same exact conversation with him for years now.

I open the chip packet with a loud pop.

"CAIDEN! Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" He hollers again his face beet red with anger.