PART 7 | to familiar

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

WHERE IS THE damn class!? I've been roaming around for ages. First period was easy enough to find but second period is turning difficult.

I stop in the middle of the hallway and take a deep breath. It's been 15minutes since second period has started.

Meaning I'm 15minutes late. Which is not a good thing.

I look from my schedule to the door numbers nailed to the frame of the doors.

45F

Where the fuck is forty-five 'f'.

God, I wish I was at the beach right now. Stupid school and education rights.

I travel down another hallway and find another set of doors.

41F, 43F and finally 45F. I let out a relieved sigh. Straightening my necklace  I put a shaky hand on the door handle.

You can do this Kennedy, just do Aussie mode. Tough, short-tempered Aussie mode.

Opening the door, I step into the class. All eyes move to me. I bite my lip, Aussie mode! Aussie Mode! I replay in my mind.

As I confidently walk up to the teacher who's writing Algebra equations on the board. All I hear are wolf whistles from guys and perverted comments.

"Hello? Can I help you?" The teacher asks me.

I focus my attention on him, "Yes, sorry I'm late, I kinda got lost."

"Oh yes! You must be Kennedy Dyline. I thought I recognized you, won any more surf championships yet," he winks.

Ew, this is gross. My math teacher winked at me. And he recognized me as the Australian teen surf champion.

Plastering on a smile I say, "We just moved, but I'll be entering in a few more."

He nods and rakes his eyes up and down my body. I suck in a breath. I don't like this teacher. I hold my math books tighter to my chest, can I run away?

"Class," he turns to address his pupils which thankfully makes him take his eyes off me "This is Kennedy, she's our new student."

"Hi Kennedy," they all awkwardly say, as I look at the class for the first time.

"H-" I try to answer but my eyes lock instantly with a familiar pair of hazel ones.

Why the hell is he in my math class!!!

He looks equally surprised, but it's more of a happier look whereas I'm wearing a more angry one. Why is he happy to see me?