PART 36 | the cinema

Caiden's P

Caiden's P.O.V

IT WAS AFTER the awards ceremony that everyone started packing up. We all put in a hand to take down the competition tents and help volunteer workers take gear to their vans.

"I'm so proud of you," Dad ruffled the top of Kennedy's head with one hand, while balancing on the other crutch.

I'm still shook about him having prosthetics, I can't imagine what Kennedy and Sage must feel like.

Kennedy's perfect green eyes twinkled in the ever glow of the sunset. "I'm glad you came."

Then Michelle and Julie come bouncing over and shouting like they just won the lottery. "KENNEDY! guess what we got!"

She opens her mouth to speak.

"-pictures with Chris-" Michelle cuts off. "-AND HE SIGNED OUR T-SHIRTS!!" Julie squealed.

Jersey comes up behind Julie and wraps his arms around her. "Signed T-shirt aye? Any chance we can share it?"

Julie bats him off. "Nah uh, and I'm never washing it or these hands again."

I crinkle my nose in disgust. "That's really grotty Jules."

They roll their eyes. "If you met your idol wouldn't you do the same?"

I smirk and sling an arm around Kennedy's waist, pulling her into my side. "Hey, I always wash my hands around Kennedy."

Mr D lifts and eyebrow but doesn't question anything.

Kennedy pushes me away playfully. "Yeah right."

"That's it?" I pout. "What happened to an 'oh yeah your mine too'?"

She shakes her head, her still wet locks falling forward over her eyes.. "Nah uh. I'm a Bethany Hamilton fan all the way."

"Surely there's room for me?"

"Nope."

"A little tiny bit?"

"Nope."

"Come on, I must have something that she doesn't."

Kennedy chuckles, shrugging slightly. "Well, you've got an arm."

I grin, and flex my biceps. "True, but apart from that I must take up a special place."

"Nope, and I ain't changing my mind. My hearts all for surfing."

I cruise closer to her. "Will you change your mind now?"

Slipping my arms back around her waist I see her straight face falter and she shakes her head. "Nuh uh."

"How about now?" I murmur, my face a mere inch from her own beautiful one.

Kennedy bites her lip at the effect I'm having on her and I feel the world disappear around us.

It's just me and her.