PART 40 | lips collide

Heads up: contains sexual scenes.
Suuuper long chapter ahead🏄‍♀️🤪

Kennedy's P.O.V

"THIS IS IT." Caiden unlocked his front door, pushing it wide open.

Holy heck his house was big. I stepped inside, it was beautiful. Every room was immaculate, no item that served no purpose was lying around. Mate, it felt like one of those open homes.

"It's kinda scary how pristine everything is right?" He said, clearly reading my mind. "But like I've mentioned, neither of us are really here."

I study him. Those lovely eyes now glazed over with darkness, his jaw clenched.

I graze my fingers against his, instantly he relaxes.

Smiling down at me he says, "We should probably put on some dry clothes."

But shit, I don't have any other clothes.

As if he senses this he continues, "I've got sweats and a shirt that might fit you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Fit me?"

He rolls his eyes, chuckling slightly. "I was once a short young teen you know, before all this buff." He puts his arms up and tenses his biceps.

"Okay, okay, enough showing off, put the guns away."

He grins and beckons me to follow him up stairs. "So up here is just some spare bedrooms, a game room," he gestures toward the 5 extra closed doors. "And some bathrooms."

"Nice," I say, a hint of jealousy evident in my voice.

Caiden walks over to one of the doors. Opening it, he walks in first with me right behind him. I must admit I'm rather intrigued to see his room, I reckon it reflects a lot of who you are as a person.

Caiden's room is large. Like White House large. The walls are painted white, like the rest of the rooms and hallways in the house. There's a couple of NBA posters on the wall and a basketball in the corner but other than that there's nothing but a plain double bed, neatly dressed with hospital corners, and a closet.

It was quite... empty.

Caiden inhales sharply as he walks over to his closet. "Like before, I sleep elsewhere."

I tuck my hair behind my ear. "Well it's certainly neater than my brothers room."

He pulls off 2 long sleeved tops from their hangers then grabs a pair of shorts and sweatpants from a cubby hole nailed inside the closet.

He tosses me the sweats and the smaller one of the tops.

I catch them swiftly. "Thanks."

"You can change in here, once your done I can throw your wet clothes in the wash."