|~|Kai Chisaki x Anxious!Reader|~|

/Title/
Dose Of Medicine

|Disclaimer|
Medication, Anxiety, Some Angst
This story also takes place before Kai starts experimenting on Eri

\Requested By\
N/A

|POV|
Reader

You watched as Kai left the room. You couldn't help but want to follow him, but you didn't know if you should. The feeling of paranoia washed over you.

Did you do something wrong?

You looked around, only hearing the ticking of the clock go by. It was a bit too quite for comfort. The ticking grew longer and longer each time you heard it's quick sound.

You meekly day on the couch and waited. You could feel your heart pounding against your chest. The thoughts of if you did anything wrong often crossed you mind, making your heart skip a few beats in fear.

You noticed that your hands began to shake, causing you to try and stop it. You bounced your leg, quick and quiet. You played with your knuckles, too.

You flinched when you heard a bloody scream from a few halls down. Someone had made Kai mad, no doubt. Was that scream the only person that made him mad?

Were you next?

The anxiety washed over you like a wave. You were nervous, scared, and even paranoid. Kai would never hurt you. Right?

You heard footsteps echo down the hall and towards the room. Your heart raced even faster than before, making your chest hurt. You could have sworn you could smell smoke from inside of you body.

You watched at the door opened to reveal Kai. He gave an emotionless look as he walked in and closed the door behind him. You tried to keep your body from shaking, to stop moving, to stop being so afraid.

Kai carefully walked over. You couldn't move, let alone you refused to move.

He studied you for a moment before bending down and sitting on the couch in front of you. Your fists clutched tighter. Kai noticed.

"Why are you scared?" He suddenly asked. His tone sounded emotionless, monotonous. But there was a clear venom leaking from it. He was serious.

You gulped. What were you supposed to say to Kai? I'm scared of you? I'm scared I'm in trouble?

You gulped once more and opened your mouth. Your body shook a bit more, causing Kai to gaze upon your stricken state.

"Did... I do something wrong?" You whispered towards the yakuza leader. He seemed slightly taken back by this, if not surprised.

He chuckled a little, shaking his head. "What would make you think that? You've done everything almost perfectly actually," he sighed and reached into his coat pocket. "And I wanted to ask you something really important."

You grew confused. "W-What?" You gulped a bit.

Kai brought out a small container of pills. You frowned and studied them. "Are those... pills?" You questioned.

Kai looked at you. "They're for you. You're anxiety has been through the roof lately, everyone's noticed it," he tossed the bottle towards you and you thankfully caught it, not making a fool out of yourself. "And you're very loyal to me."

You looked at the bottle of pills. They were anxiety pills. You were slightly confused but didn't dare disrupt Kai as he continued to speak.

"(Y/N)," you looked up from the bottles to see his expression was slightly annoyed. "Take them. Two pills a day."

You nodded and took a deep breath. Knowing you weren't in trouble helped slow your heart rate, but it still wasn't slow enough for you to relax. Opening the bottle you took two pills from the container and looked at Kai.

He got up and got a bottled water and tossed it to you. You caught it and hesitantly took the pills. The feeling of the two lumps running down your throat was slightly relaxing.

"They should start working in the hour," Kai explained emotionlessly. He sat back down while you put the bottle of water and the pills on the table in front of you. "I made sure to get the right pills, perfect for you."

You sighed. "Kai, I-I know you're thinking of leading the yakuza. I-I would follow you to the ends of the Earth, you know? But," your heart began to pick up pace. "I don't think... I will be much help... When I can't even help myself."

Kai leaned forward on the couch, arms on his knees and hands intertwined. He watched you closely, eyes slightly narrowing. "You believe you can't help?"

You meekly nodded. "Look at me, Kai," you looked down at the pills in front of you. "I'm too anxious, too much of a.... meek duckling."

Kai listened but then stood. "You are not what you think you are. You are actually very important to not only me, but the rest of my loyal followers. We need you for our future."

You looked up at Kai, confused by his words. "What? How? I don't think I-"

"You've had my back since we were children," he cut off. "It's my turn to have yours. Join me, (Y/N). Let's make a future no one will ever forget."

Kai extended his hand towards you silently. You looked at it then into his golden eyes. You gulped a little.

He waited patiently for you to take it.

You looked back down and extended your arm. You took his hand and he pulled you up from the couch and held you to his chest.

"I will be the king," he said softly. "And you may rule beside me."

Your eyes grew slightly in surprise. His plague beak laid on your shoulder as Kai hugged you close, something you never would have thought to ever happen.

"Be my second-in-command," he said softly. "I want you to lead the yakuza with me."

You looked at his purple fluff on his coat. The thought of leaving behind most of your teaching for Kai? Let alone being with him?

You must like anxiety, because you lifted your head to look him in the eyes. "Overhaul," you said confidently. "I accept."

~~~

Word Count:
1025

Artist Credit:
Mirshroom on ArtStation

Music Credit:
Candle by Cavetown

Published On:
March 21, 2020