2: Favors

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

Hot dogs or hamburgers?

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "I Found"
B Y : Amber Run

"Oh I found love where it wasn't supposed to be."

C O R B A N
8 h o u r s e a r l i e r

"Corban?" My name is called from across the hall. I stand up from my desk and walk into Alpha Matthew's office. I knock once, then open the door, not bothering to wait for a reply.

The office is huge. Bookcases line the wall. The back wall is all windows so you can see the picturesque view of the lush spruce forest. The floors are elm, and an antler chandelier hangs from the ceiling, making the room feel rustic. A polished mahogany desk sits directly in front of the window, along with two black leather chairs.

"Yes?" I ask as I take a seat in front of his desk.

"North Shore requires some supplies. If you are free, I need you and Reagan to go and drop them off. It's urgent." I sit down further in the chair. The task itself is an Omega job and I have to stop myself from scoffing. I'm a Beta for god's sake.

"Is there a particular reason you're requesting us?" I ask. He moves paperwork out of the way and knits his hands together, placing them in front of him.

"Reagan's assistance is specifically needed, along with ten pounds of ourort. I don't trust the Omegas with such a herb." I nod in understanding. Ourort is a rare healing herb. It is the only herb that can cure a werewolf on their deathbed.

"When do we leave?" I ask, standing from the chair. He clears his throat and stands up, walking in front of the desk So that he is closer to me.

"I just mind linked Reagan. She is on her way now. You should leave once she gets here." I nod in understanding as I stand from my chair.

"Oh, don't let me forget to have a group of omegas check the solar panels by the gym. One looked broken and we can't afford another blackout." He muttered I nodded and took a quick note-to-self. Ever since the human's extinction, simply living has gotten harder. The resources that we not-so-humbly took advantage of are now gone. Providing for ourselves is just something we have learned and adapted to. It wasn't so hard working out electricity, water, and on the not so glamorous side sewage systems

A soft knock sounds at the door, and Reagan peeks her head in. She walks in hesitantly, and stands next to me only reaching my shoulders.

"I was called..." She questions, giving Alpha Matthews a quick bow. He nods and explains the situation bringing her up to speed.

"Ready for a run, Rea?" I question nudging her. She laughs under her breath, nodding, and walks out the door.

"Goodbye, Alpha Matthews," she says, respectfully closing the door from behind her.

"It's still so weird he's our alpha and not his dad or yours." She whispers. I nod, stuffing my hands in my dark washed jean pockets. I Attempt to push down most of my opinion on the politics of our pack.

"I know." I breathe out. "it's going to be weird for a while." She nods. Rylan was declared Alpha about three months ago, after his father decided to step down. It was a big surprise for us all. I wasn't even finished training for my future position when the switch occurred. But we have managed, now the pack just has to come to terms with it.