25: Gone

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Unspoken"
B Y : Aaron Smith

"I have to get out of here," I whisper to myself, shaking my head. "I have to get out of here," I say louder. I hear Corban calling after me, but I ignore him. I am not about to forget this whole thing because the bond hurts. It can suck my ass.

The pain from the bond intensifies, and I clutch at my chest. I continue to run down the hallway, as I turn the corner I'm immediately met with Reagan and Easton. I see Dog running towards me too, and I squeeze my eyes shut, clenching my fists. I feel the sting. This is real. I'm here. My eyes snap open when I feel Dog sniffing at my clenched hands.

Reagan is shaking her head as she runs up to me, engulfing me in a hug. I push her away and walk away from everyone, including Dog. I continue my trek towards the door. I just need to clear my head.

"Ember, just wait till both of you are calmed down again and then go back and speak with each other rationally," Reagan says softly. I hear Corban yell from afar, and my walk turns to a jog as I leave the pack house, and the next thing I know, I'm sprinting.

My heart is pumping like a wild stallion as I continue to run down the dark Maine streets. The trees tower above me, and the tops create a canopy over the road. The weather is perfect for the situation. Rain. And a lot of it. I continue to run.

The fight between Corban and I plays on repeat in my head. I make a promise to myself right then that I am not going to be with someone who doesn't see my real character, who can't accept it. He sees me as the girl my father abused. Broken, bruised, scarred. I may be slightly broken, a little bruised, and even permanently scarred. But I still managed to wake up every day after day with a tremendous will to fight, to survive.

"Fuck!" I cry as I push myself to run faster, harder. I stop alongside the road and lean up against a tree to catch my breath. If you told me a year ago that this was going to be my life, I would first laugh in your face and then proceed to snap that said person's neck. I had gone soft, but I didn't mind. I deserve a break. Collet would probably laugh at my situation right now.

A loud crack of thunder caused me to jump, and I looked to the sky. The weather was getting to dangerous levels. This was a monster of a storm. Which is currently making it impossible to see anything. I had traveled farther than I thought. I was so lost in thought. I look around to see if there is anywhere where I will be able to take shelter for a while and see a little cabin.

I quickly made my way over, but something caught my eye. I look back at the road and am faced with a blurred figure stopped right in front of me. I take a hesitant step back, but the figure starts running for me.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" I mutter as I run with all the strength I have left. My teeth are chattering from rain that has drenched me completely. I'll be lucky if I don't catch hypothermia before this thing attempting to kill me completes its task. I don't dare look behind me when I hear a loud crash, but even if I did... it wouldn't have mattered. I'm thrown into the air, and a white-hot pain spreads across my abdomen from whatever just hit me.

Magic. This thing is a bat.

"Shit!" I scream. It feels like I'm in the air forever. I must have been thrown at least twenty feet. My body slams against a tree and I let out a loud groan as I begin to fall down along the trunk, it branches scraping every inch of my skin that it touches.