E P I L O G U E

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Sweet Love"
B Y : Phillip Larue

I am not who I was. I am not lost in the deep end. I am a survivor. I am a fighter. I am a strong flame. No one made me this way, I did it myself. But I had help along the way. It was the help that I was afraid to take because I thought it was a weakness.

Tragic, isn't it?

 But, I was wrong.

 Asking for help turned into one of my strengths. It allowed me to rise from the ashes with an army standing behind me. An army of people who I would die for and who would die for me.

 A support system.

 A family.

 A family that will fight for one another until their last breaths.

 I've had a lot of time to think. And I have come to the earth shifting conclusion that my purpose in this crazy life is so much greater than any of the pain that I used to let weigh me down.

 I have grown from the girl I was.

 Run. Hide. Survive... It's so wrong. It stole my life right from my grasp. It threw me into a dark hole that I couldn't get out of on my own.

 Chase. Chase after all that you believe in. Chase after the horizon and see where you end up. See where the breeze takes you.

 Expose. Expose your demons. Don't let them hide in the corners of your mind. Take a stand against them and you might just find how beautiful they are.

Live. Live the life that you dream of. Don't simply survive. People do terrible things when they try to survive. It will kill you in the long run. Experience everything that the world has to offer, and offer it something in return.

 I know that I have grown because I find myself looking back when I remember who I was. Looking back at the scared girl who wanted to be everything. And the funny thing about looking back is that you miss everything that is right in front of you.

 I now can say that I stand in the ashes of the person I used to be. I stand on top of the burning embers of a dying fire, and watch the rebirth of the person I didn't realize I was chasing. I may be crazy, even a little mad sometimes.

 But thats me. And I am not afraid of myself anymore.

 A certain someone just had to open a fogged window so I could see all the possibilities of what I could become. 

I am not saying that I am perfect. And no part of me is saying that I'm done growing. I am not passed the struggles that are sure to develop as time goes on. But now I understand that I have people to fall back on. 

And it looks like I will need it.

♛ ♛ ♛

"I'm okay. Corban I'm fine." I rush out as Corban runs to me in our kitchen. Our kitchen. The house was a new development. But it really wasn't a house at all. Corban had been going behind my back with a group of workers and somehow managed to build an entire mansion of a treehouse for us to live in. It has running water and everything. 

Corban sighs when he sees that I'm in one piece. He cups my face and kisses the top of my head. His eyes dart to the newly broken white dish in the sink. "Did you cut yourself?" He quickly questions and his gaze snaps to my hands. I shake my head and interlock our fingers.