28: Bonded

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "All of Me"
B Y : John Legend

"We heard you were awake." A female voice is heard and the door creaks open. Corbans Aunt Mae comes in with a smile and Dog hobbles in from behind them. "I wanted to make sure you were okay, and Wyatt had made you a card that he wanted to deliver in person." She smiles. I laugh awkwardly and shift on the bed next to Corban.

Wyatt had drawn a large band-aid across what looked like white paper that he colored to look blue. The writing was a tad sloppy. In big black letters he had written 'GET WELL SOON!' I look up from the card and send Wyatt a smile.

"Thanks buddy" He nods, and before anything else is said, he bolts out of the room. A chuckle escapes me. Corban clears his throat and takes hold of my hand.

"Alpha Matthews has a few questions for you." He says under his breath I sigh and nod my head.

"He's on his way now."

"Is she ready to talk?" Is the first thing that comes out of his mouth. I sit up straighter in the bed.

"I am." I say, clearing my throat. Rylan looks at me for a brief second before glancing back to Corban.

"This conversation seems to be something I'm not needed for. I'm glad you're feeling better, sweetie. I'll come by later tonight with Wyatt." Mae says, softly dismissing herself. Corban gives my hand another gentle, reassuring squeeze.

"What did you see while you were running?" He questions. "What attacked you?" He adds on. His tone isn't harsh, but he sounds stressed. My mind flashes to the dark figure. My attitude falters. I was so easily thrown every which way.

"I never saw their face. They wore all black, they were tall, well built... it had to have been a man... they were a bat." Rylan chimes in.

"Lilith?" He inquires. I shake my head with a sigh.

"No, they were too bulky." Rylan cocks his head.

"But still, a bat? What were they trying to do?" I huff thinking about what happened and explain the event to my best ability. I tell them that whoever it was had a lot of power and took some of my blood.

"Do you remember anything from when you were unconscious?" Corban asks gently. I nod.

"Yes. Everyone I ever loved... turned against me." Corban cocks his head.

"What do you mean by that?" Rylan questions. I take a deep breath.

"They would act like how I remember them, then they would start yelling at me out of nowhere. They vanished in front of my eyes." I don't go into detail. I'll tell Corban once we're alone, but I don't need Rylan to know all of my insecurities. I feel for the locket around my neck and sigh finding it still in place and not melted. "My locket melted, and the pictured inside burned to ashes." I recall. Corban takes hold of my hands.

"Rogue's have been getting closer and closer to the pack house. Something still has them after you." Rylan states. He seems angry, really angry.

"This is madness. I don't understand why I am so important and why it's just popping up now." Corban takes a deep breath and gently moves a piece of hair out of my face.

"You're important because you're something different, and that scares a lot of things that are here now. Back when humans dominated, we were all in hiding or hadn't even existed yet. And now that you're back, you are a threat and since there is just one of you... an easy target. We think the end goal would be to..." He trails off, and a shiver rushes down my back.