BONUS CHAPTER #1

I can not explain to you all how BADLY I wanted to incorporate this short excerpt in the actual book! I had written it so long ago when I first imagined these characters and it was what sparked a lot of my excitement for Mad Ember.

Unfortunately, it never made the cut. It always seemed out of place and I didn't want to just throw it in a random chapter. I've held on to it so long because I though I could use it in Running Mad, but, I'm deciding against it.

So if you just skipped reading all that, hi, hello, this bonus chapter is a love scene between Corban and Ember.

Enjoy!

____________________

A laugh escapes my mouth as two strong familiar arms wrap around me from behind. They bury their head into my neck, breathing in my scent like it's the only thing keeping them tied to the earth. Like it's the only thing that matters.

I turn, so I'm facing him. His chocolatey dark brown eyes hold me captive for a lifetime. His forehead meets mine, and we relish in the silence.

The wind wraps around us. You can feel the warm breeze through our clothes. The tall grass tickles me even through my black leggings.

Corban's lips meet mine, and I'm lost. I'm lost in his taste, his feel, his love. I'm the best version of me when I'm with him. He is my other half. Half my soul, half my heart.

I love him more than life itself. His arms wrap around me. His fingertips move across my skin like its glass. He whispers sweet nothings in my ear, and I close my eyes, his voice drowning me.

"I love you, Em, so much. So damn much." I nod into his embrace. I take my hands and cup his face. He leans into my touch then pulls away, leaving me yearning for his warmth again. He took my hand into his, interlacing our fingers delicately.

The perfect fit. He spun me in a circle, and a laugh escaped my lips. "I love you too," I whisper, running back to his touch.

"Say it again." He breathes. I chuckle shaking my head. I am starting to see the makings of a four-o-clock shadow, and I love it. He smirks and pulls me impossibly closer.

"So hopeless." I chuckle, but say it anyway.

"I" A kiss to his temple.

"Love." I move hair out of his face.

"You," I whisper, kissing his lips with a smile breaking through mine.

My back hits a tree, and his hands are on my body. Caressing every curve. He knows me. He knows every inch. He brings his head into my neck and sucks gently on the soft, exposed skin. Taking his sweet time savoring every second.

My head leans back, a sigh of content escaping me. God, I love him. His lips move to mine, and we are in perfect sync. We are a melody that I'm addicted to. A song where I know every word, and I want to scream the lyrics.

His hands ride along the side of my dark maroon sweater and to my face, cupping my cheeks like they are made of gold. Like I'm his most prized possession.

He takes the back of my neck with his hand and urging me forward to meet his lips once more. He keeps his lips perfectly planted onto mine.

He pulls me into a hug and whispers something in my ear that I couldn't make out, but it sounded like pure bliss. I hug him impossibly tighter like he would disappear if I didn't.

"Never let me go." He whispers to me. I peck his lips softly. A smile prevented me from deepening the kiss to go further.

"Never," I whisper.

"Promise." He murmurs his forehead against mine.

"I promise with everything I have and everything that I am," I whisper, kissing him on the forehead then onto his lips. He pulls back, looking me directly in the eyes.

"Marry me?" He questions breathlessly. I don't respond but hold his head in my hands, kissing him like it gives me oxygen... it does.

"Have my children." I kiss him again.

"Grow old with me." He murmurs. Love and lust caressing every word with such care. Like he thought each one out for hours. I nod. He goes down on one knee, pulling out a ring with a large hunk of rock adorning it.

"Marry me." He states again. I go down so that I'm at his level and kiss him desperately. A smile once again stopped me. "Yes." I smile, pecking his lips.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes." I kiss his lips open mouthed. Our tongues embark on a complicated dance.

"Yes," I state again with a breathless laugh. He laughs back, and his hands are on my waist in seconds as he spins me in the air high above his head as if I am merely a feather.

"I'm so in love with you." He whispers to me.

"I've been so hopelessly love with you."

"Every time I see you or hear your voice... I still get the butterflies in my stomach. Every time Em, every goddamn time."

"Fuck, I can't get enough of them." He moves to grab my waist, but instead of throwing me in the air, he pulls me to his body. I feel his every inch and curve. His eyes bore into mine, love dancing in his and in mine.

His gaze switches to my lips. My lips that he knows so well as he bites his. He is driving me mad. He looks back to my eyes. Never once do they stray anywhere else but me.

His hands come to my cheeks, cupping them and bringing my face slowly to his. He leans in quickly, capturing me in the most jaw dropping, most earth shattering kiss ever felt. A kiss that could fuel everything you know, a kiss that could get you through anything. Tragedy, war, loss, just by the pure love he pours into my body.

The kiss breaks, and I'm left without air. He seals his love with one last peck, and a huge goofy grin takes over his face. "Never stop smiling. The day you stop smiling will be a day of no happiness." I speak softly as his thumb moves in intricate patterns along the top of my hand.

"You are all I can think about, I can't wait to call you my wife." He whispers. I smile up to him.

"I love you, and I want to carry your children. I want to marry you. I want to grow old with you... even if that is like in 100 years." I let out a breathless laugh at the end. His head falls back in laughter as well.

"More like... 500 babe." My eyes go wide, and his laughter only grows. He de-tangles us from our hug and takes a step back but grabs one of my hands. My hand that now has a ring decorating my finger."Come on, we should get back Rea, and Easton before they send out a search party." He says with a smile. I laugh and nod my head as we walk back to the pack house hand in hand, swinging them like we don't have a care in the world.

"I can see it now... a sign reading...

'MISSING PERSONS!

HORNY ALPHA AND LUNA M.I.A!

PLEASE RETURN TO THE PACK HOUSE ASAP.'

I laugh thinking out loud. Corban face drops and turns serious.

"You're right... we better hurry." He grabs me, throws me on his back and runs off. I love this man. My fiance. My mate.

_____________________________

So... SURPRISE THEY GET MARRIED.