8: Witches

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

I have OFFICIALLY given up on roman numerals. You're welcome.

Pineapple on pizza is a crime, right?

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Waiting Game"
B Y : BANKS

"I don't wanna say your love is a waiting game"

C O R B A N

It's been three weeks since I let Ember go and attempted to move on. I know that I never will, but I knew that I had to try. I couldn't let her dominate my life that she has had no part in. I wince at the inner thought. I couldn't even think about it. She will always be a significant part of my life. Even if she is never in it. Erasing her is simply impossible.

I've been distracting myself, trying not to think of her so much. I train more and find myself going on long runs without telling anyone where I go. I'll disappear for hours on end and come back a bloody wolf. My wolf and I always end up tearing into either rogues or an unfortunate animal. I needed a way to express my hurt. That's the way my wolf thought would work best.

I run in the direction of where she might be. I told myself that I was doing it for the pack, making sure no man's land was staying under control. But I knew that, that wasn't the real reason. It was her. My wolf and I were subconsciously looking for her.

The bond was driving us crazy. We could feel she was there in our mind, that she was going about her everyday life; just without us. But I knew she was thinking of us, I know because I had opportunities to reach out to her, but I held myself and my wolf back. She wanted to be rid of us. I knew that. I needed to shape myself into what she needed. And right now, she doesn't need me at all.

When I'm not running in my wolf, I'm doing pack work alongside Alpha Matthews. Through all of this, he has been an amazing supporter. My wolf respects him more and more each day. Reagan and Easton have also been my rocks. Every wolf knows the pain the mate bond can bring someone when the love is not reciprocated. It was funny to talk about love and Ember. I wanted to love her, I just don't think I will ever be given a chance. My wolf already loves her. I think that's because his brain is not as mature as mine. Besides, even I know it is wrong to try and love someone who you have never met.

I know that us staying apart is the way that it has to be. If I force anything upon Ember, she will never trust me, never trust the pack. I try to forget her sometimes, try to pretend that our meeting never happened. I think it would be easier that way. My wolf whimpers in my mind. He wants his mate. Not knowing where she is or how she is, puts him on edge.

I sit up from my bed, swinging my legs over the side and running my hands through my hair. I sit there for an extra few moments. Do I really want to get out of bed? No. Just then, I feel my wolf stir in my mind as one of our links opens up.

"Corban?" It's Reagan. I sigh. Time to get up.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Easton and I are going to go for a run, wanna join?" My wolf yips in my mind at the idea of running with his pack mates. He wants out. I like the idea of it too, I could really use a morning run.

"Yeah, I'll meet you by the river, don't wait up for me." Reagan voices her agreement, and the connection ends. I make my way out of the packhouse, quickly shifting into my wolf as soon as I step outside. My wolf howls to the forest, he loves being let out. Especially recently.