26: Reunion

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Hearing"
B Y : Sleeping At Last

Where am I?

There seems to be no ending nor begging to where I am. I'm lying on my back, so that proves that there has to be a floor. I roll over expecting pain due to what I just went through, but am met with nothing. No feeling. Nothing. I rub my hands together but can't even feel the skin to skin contact. My mind starts running in circles.

How did I get here? What happened? Where's Corban? The last thought makes me cringe. I never want to turn into one of those girls whose sole purpose is their lover. Yet still, I wanted to know where he was and if he was okay. I couldn't help the feeling. But I want him near.

I stand up to my feet, looking around. Maybe something will be different... Nope.

White.

Clean, crisp, all white... Bright.

Looking around, I begin to walk in what I determined to be straight. The locket around my neck starts to burn. I grasp on to the painful feeling as a sense of reality. But it's too hot. I let out a yelp as it began to melt off my neck.

"Fuck," I mutter and go to my knees where the liquid metal seeps into the... floor? Nothing but the picture remains. I snatch the photo of my family and I and hold onto it for dear life. I can't feel anything again.

I stand back up, looking around. I rub my thumb on the photo of my past life as I gaze down to it. Then just like it happened with the locket, it began to burn. I held onto it tight, refusing to let this go. But it started to burn. "Dammit," I mutter as it turns to nothing but ashes. I rub my hands on my pants.

I hadn't even noticed my apparel. It fits perfectly, I guess. White pants, but they only reach to just below my knee and a white T-shirt. My hair is down, but in almost unnaturally beautiful waves, my feet are bare. The ashes that were on my hands left no trace on the pristine pants that I wore.

Odd.

I looked around, I sat down in criss-cross applesauce fashion and picked at my nails, every now and then looking up. I guess I was waiting for the next event to happen. First, the locket melting, the photo burning, what's next? Is my hair going to evaporate? I scoffed out loud. Yeah right.

I've been sitting for what feels like hours left to me and my thoughts and nothing else. Is this some kind of torture? I went over the situation leading up to this over and over again in my head, but nothing connected.

Corban and his family. Daniel, rogues, I was a badass, Corban and I got into a fight, I went for a run to blow off steam, I saw something... no someone. A bat. It was definitely the build of a man. But who? The accident, I got hurt, bad. Corban again, then... this. But how?! Am I in a coma back in the real world, and this is my subconscious? Well, someone better wake me the fuck up. I huff in annoyance. Then something yet again starts to happen.

Wind.

And lots of it. It makes me lose my sitting stance, and I brace my arms behind me in an attempt to stay put. I fail... miserably. I'm knocked over, then traveling at what seems to be a hundred miles per hour. I don't think I'm on the floor anymore. I'm in the air. I don't scream. Until the sensation of falling straight down clouds my thoughts. Then I scream. I land... hard. I let out a groan and turn, so I'm lying on my back. The neck thing I am met with baffles me.

Matty.

At least I think it's him. He's older. Not the young Matt I knew growing up. No, it's him the freckle just above his right eye is a dead give away and god those light brown eyes, and dirty blonde hair. He's standing at my feet. Looking down at me with a smile.