33: Treehouse

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Dusk Till Dawn
B Y : ZAYN, Sia

"This is where I used to live," I whisper. They all look up and take it all in. When Dog notices where we are, he lets out some type of bark and jumps out of my arms, scratching at the bottom of the tree.

"It's not much. But the only people from the pack that would know where it is would be Corban and Reagan." they all nod.

"Has anyone told Reagan what has happened?" Easton speaks up. Everyone shakes their heads.

"I think we need to tell her as soon as possible. With her abilities, I'm sure Rylan will do almost anything to keep her on his side. We can't let him fill her head with lies." Easton nods.

"We should have Corban do it when he wakes up. I think he will be the only person who she will truly listen to." I nod in agreement and look up the tree to my house. "There are four levels, not counting the crows nest. Corban and I can share my room, and you three can each get your own level or even sleep in wolf form on the ground. Whatever you prefer." Everyone nods.

I lead the way, grabbing Dog and climbing up the tree. Daniel said he would sleep in wolf form on the ground to guard, and we all decided that someone should stay on the ground at all times for lookout. It was a fucking struggling getting Corban up who was still knocked out. The fact only added to my anxiety.

"It's late. Let's all get settled and we'll figure out what the hell happens next in the morning. Hopefully, Corban will be awake by then." Easton says softly. Everyone agrees. Easton takes the first level, and Merek takes the level above mine. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and look at Dog and Corban on the bed. I walk over to them with a cloth and sit down. I gently dab all of the cuts on Corban's face, which are significantly more healed. I lean down and place a hesitant kiss on his lips, then one on his nose, then one on his forehead. "Wake up, Corban." I whisper, hoping that he will. It was worrying that he was still asleep. I sigh in defeat and stand up, walking over to my dresser.

The worn out mirror and cracked foggy mirror make a way of nostalgia rush over me. I think back to the days where all I had to worry about was food and staying warm. Now I have to worry about relationships and my safety, other people's safety, Dog, Collet, the unknown. I hear a groan and quickly rush over to Corban, who was slowly coming to.

"Corban?" I whisper my voice full of hope. A lazy smile spreads across his face. But then it dawns on me that I will have to be the one to tell him that his father died.

"Hey beautiful." His voice is husky, and I let out a sharp sigh of relief. It almost sounded like a cry. I quickly lean down, kissing him on the lips because I feel like I don't do it enough, and now being marked, it was making me want to be close to him twenty-four seven. He smiles into the kiss.

"Let's have you wake me up like this all the time, yeah?" I let out a breathy laugh and nod my head.

"Let's not have you passing out on me anymore, yeah?" He looked confused, as he looked around utterly lost. He quickly sat up and looked around the room again. "What the..." He trails off and looks at me. I assume this is where he remembers everything because his carefree attitude is left behind.

"I lost, didn't I?" I nod. "It was because of Collet." I nod again. "Rylan banished us, didn't he." I sigh.

"Yeah." He looks around again.