37: Alone

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Iris"
B Y : Cover by Kina Grannis

My run did wonders for me. It gave me time to think and room to breathe in all of this. When I felt ready, I started my way back to the treehouse. There was nothing that Daniel, Merek, Easton, or Corban could say that would make me not fight. I need to be out there, and I need to be the one who kills Collet.

there acting like I was born to be quiet. I wasn't. I was born to make the world shatter when I tell it to. I don't exactly know how I can prove that to them but I have to. I can't just sit still look pretty.

It's clear that through all of this they have been underestimating me. Underestimating my will and determination to fight. Fight against Collet. She's mine to kill. They weren't raised by her, they didn't trust her with everything that they had, they didn't love her. I did. And it makes everything hurt so much more. I try not to be sad about it though because if I'm sad I will fall into an endless spiral of self deprecation. No. I'm angry.

Throughout my entire life, every single god damn day, I have had to fight like hell just to stay afloat. Fighting like that every day has made me into who I am. I can be rash, I can even be a little crazy, it's who I am and I'm not going to stop now. Not ever.

I start to see the treehouse and quicken my pace. By now I am positive that they have started cooking something and I'm starving. My stomach growls on cue. I start to smile when I see everyone still by the fire. But then I stop dead in my tracks and my heart falls to the floor. Something was... off.

"Daniel is right; there is no way she'll understand." I hear Corban say, and my brows scrunch together. What are they talking about?

"I have a serum that will safely put her in a deep sleep for a couple days. I think it's the only way we will be able to get around her." My eyes go wide in shock and fear. No. What the hell were they planning? Then I quickly realized they were going against me. Against everything I had been practically preaching to them.

Why does everyone I let inside hurt me? Why is there literally nobody I can trust? Why does everyone have to go behind my back? I'm like a magnet to this kind of shit, and I don't know why I'm so surprised by it every time it happens because by now I should be used to it.

I think about just turning around and never coming back. It would be easiest, but I can't bring myself to do it. I want to see the look on their faces. I want them to see how much they have all hurt me. I take a step forward, and tears start to cloud my eyes, but I don't let them fall.

"Corban?" My voice cracks and I mentally curse myself. Everyone's heads turn to me as if they see a ghost. I think about saying more, but I can't trust my voice. As of late, I have realized that I have a wolf in my heart. It drives me to be a fighter and stand up for myself. That same wolf hides the lamb that I have in my soul. Sometimes, no matter how hard I try to hide it, you can see it in my eyes.

Right now they were all seeing the lamb. I quickly turn back in the direction I came and run for it like I have an army chasing after me.

"Ember!" He calls out quickly, standing and chasing after me. I do the only thing that I truly good at. I run.

My breathing is loud. I realize that I am on the verge of hyperventilating. I attempt to control my sobs. This isn't fair. I know I'll survive, somehow I also do. But that by no means that this doesn't hurt like hell.