3: Alien

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

Netflix or Disney+?

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Sirens"
B Y : Fleurie

"I can hear the sirens.
I can hear the sirens"

C O R B A N

Reagan and I move at an incredible speed. I start to get further and further ahead, feeling that I'm getting closer. I hear another cry, and I roar out. I run faster. Then all of a sudden, my senses are overwhelmed.

The smell. Oh, god, the smell. So soft and sweet, like daisies mixed with fresh rain. It's so refreshing and reminds me of a warm summer day. But that smell is morphed with blood and that of rogues. The rain makes it hard to pinpoint the exact location she's in. It's all I can smell, and it's everywhere.

I shift and pull on the boxers that I previously tied to my ankle. I scan my surroundings, and Reagan comes next to me and shifts as well. She puts on the oversized black flannel, and we both begin the search. She's hiding. Why is she hiding?

I start to notice something about her scent. It's so different. I can't place it. I'm not sure if it's part of the mate bond, but something is strange about it, almost... foreign. The leaves rustle, and my head snaps to the left.

I notice the blood trail leading straight into the brush. How had I not noticed before? Then, I see the mangled whimpering figure hiding in it. That's when I place the smell.

Human.

My mate is human. "That's not possible..." I whisper in shock.

Humans were not even supposed to exist anymore. They had all died when the radiation spiked. How was she here? How is she alive? I don't ponder on the fact, I don't even care that she's human. All I know is that this woman will be the woman I fall in love with.

I get down to her level, and her expression baffles me. Her eyes are a lightning bolt. They are electric blue, the bluest eye's I have ever seen. It's like looking at thick ice on a lake. But they also carry streaks of dark blue, like the vast oceans. I can see the worlds she carries in them. I quickly shake my head clearing my mind. She needs help.

Blood, dirt, and sweat cover her body. Her light brown hair cascades just passed her shoulders. It's soaked from the rain. She is in obvious pain, but her expression is stoic. I scoot closer, and she lets out the faintest whimper and slightly cowers away as if she is attempting to hide her fear.

I ignore her protest and pull her into my arms. It feels as though my whole body is being encompassed in a blanket of warmth. The feeling is like crack. She's a drug that I will never be able to live without. She fits perfectly in my arms, she's just so small. A content sigh escapes her plump pink lips as the bond more than likely swarms her thoughts, as it's doing with mine.

I look down, assessing her injuries. She must have stopped the bleeding with something. Her bicep is in bad shape. She tied a vine above it, which probably saved her life. She's smart. She attempts to escape my arms squirming in every which way. My eyes widen as I look down at her. What do I do? My heart rate beats a mile a minute, and I clear my throat.

"Shh, shh, shh, it's okay. It's okay." I speak calmly even though everything is going haywire. I let her attempt to stand. Right away, I miss the warmth she provided. As soon as her feet touch the mossy floor, she crumbles, groaning in pain as she squeezes her beautiful lightning blue eyes shut. How I miss them already.