eight

I glanced, seeing the man who helped me carry my things.

"Yeah, it is" I exhaled, desperately trying to remember his name.

He sat on the bench with me.

"Luke tells me that your moms surgery went well- why aren't you with her?" He asked.

"I don't think she particularly wants me in there right now" I mumbled.

"What do you mean- you're her kid." He spoke quietly, making me glance to him.

"She's got a major crush on Michael" I spoke, knowing that he already knew that from the glance the three doctors shared in Michael's office.

"And?" He asked.

"Just giving them privacy." I exhaled, knowing truthfully that my mom would prefer to be alone with him anyway.

"Michael is a good guy" he spoke slowly.

They told him that I went on a rant about Michael to Michael's face basically.

"I'm sure" I mumbled truthfully.

"And I think, if him and your mom want to be together-" "he's her doctor." I spoke firmly.

"We are not from anywhere even close to here, we came here for my mom to get treated for cancer because Michael had a damn good reference, I did not come here to watch my mom fall in love again." I spoke to him, seeing him nod as he understood.

"It's a lot to take in, isn't it?"

Why couldn't I be left alone today?

Michael.

Jennifer rated her pain, which was low, which made me happy as her doctor.

As I wrote her vitals into the chart, she spoke.

"How was Harper during my surgery?" She asked, making me close my pen.

"She was great during surgery, but she expressed some of her feelings to me afterwards" I spoke slowly, seeing her eyes widen slowly.

"Nothing bad, it's something I needed to hear- she brought to my attention that I never took any time to sit down with her and answer her questions, nor did I give you and her any time before the surgery." I spoke.

"We had the whole night before together-" "but she felt pushed away and dismissed because you were loopy by the time she woke up and I immediately went to surgery." I finished.

"I apologize if she caught an attitude with you or disrespected you in any way, I will talk to her about this-" "no" I quickly spoke, looking to her.

She was pretty.

She had a good personality.

But I didn't need to get involved with a patient.

No matter how tempting.

"Harper needs to feel safe coming to me to express how she feels, I think it was brave and I like that she could do that without fear." I spoke to her mom.

"Don't discuss any of this with her, it's making me a better doctor. I don't get to deal with teenagers earlier, so it's hard for me to get the hang of her feelings and such, just give me time." I exhaled to her, watching her mom slowly nod.

"It means a lot to me that you're trying to connect with her as well"