twenty-eight

Luke.

"I'm going to give you one final relaxer, because your epidural will be wearing away shortly and I want you to be asleep for that." He told her, grabbing the relaxer and connecting it to the tubing, letting it slowly flow through.

Three relaxers would certainly start making her loopy.

"Luke is going to take you back to your room with some interns, Calum and I are going to do your moms procedure." Michael told her.

She nodded lightly, looking to me.

"See you soon, pretty girl." Calum spoke.

I picked her up, moving her to a portable bed, making sure nothing hurt her as I did it.

I walked with the interns as we brought her back to her assigned room, getting her fully situated and comfortable.

I saw the redness in her eyes.

"Okay. Everything is over, get some sleep." I told her, sitting in a chair beside her bed.

"My dads a piece of shit" she spoke randomly, making me focus to her.

"And for the sake of my future- the next big events in my life" she mumbled slowly

"I sure as hell hope Michael doesn't turn into a piece of shit too" she spoke tiredly.

"He won't, Harp." I told her slowly.

She nodded along with me, grabbing my hand and holding it into her own.

"I like you people." She hummed.

"I didn't at first, but turns out you all aren't half bad."

Seconds after I laughed, I watched her eyes dip shut, not opening again.

Harper.

I woke up in pain.

Not just a discomfort or a cramp.

It was like I had absolutely no pain medicine in my system, and that woke me up.

I opened my eyes, seeing no one in the room.

"Oh my god" I whined out, trying to sit up, but failing miserably when it felt like my back was stiff.

I made myself take deep breaths, but I know I needed to find someone that could get me medicine.

So I forced myself to sit up, groaning immediately.

I ignored the tears that flooded into my eyes, putting my hand on my back.

I can't stand up, there's no fucking way.

I wiped the tears that were falling, but I could see my phone.

It was maybe two steps away from my bed.

That became my motivation.

So I managed to throw my legs over the bed side, using my arm strength to lift myself.

The amount of pain I felt was ridiculous.

I basically stumbled to the table my phone was on, realizing that basic steps hurt.

But I got my phone

And I called my mom.

No fucking answer.

I didn't have any of the guys phone numbers.

I wanted to jump out the window.

So I started making slow steps to the door, praying I'd see someone pass so I could get their attention.

Just my luck, no one passed.

But I made it to the door, seeing the edge of the nurses station, so I surely used the wall and made that assist me in getting to the desk.

By the time I got to the desk, there was multiple tears cascading down my cheeks.

And I made direct eye contact with Ashton.

"Ashton" I could've cried just from the happiness of seeing him.

"Harper- you are not supposed to be up!" His face showed me that he was panicking as he made his away around the desk.

"It hurts so bad, Ashton" I cried out.

"Why the hell is she in so much pain?" Ashton spat towards some of the nurses, who just stared to us.

"I'm going to pick you up, okay?" He spoke, making me nod.

He picked me up bridal style and I was at a point of beyond pain.

"Where the fuck is Michael- he told me the worst part was over."

Ashton.

She was full fledge sobbing into me.

I got her back to her room, laying her down and immediately getting cooling rags onto her back.

"Page Clifford" I spoke to an intern that joined me.

"He's scrubbing out of surgery-" "I don't give a fuck, page him."

I grabbed her chart, reading through it to see what pain medicines she was on.

Absolutely none.

She received an epidural and three relaxers with no pain medicines.

What the fuck.

"Okay sweet girl, lets get you some relief." I exhaled to her, unlocking our medicine cabinets in their rooms, grabbing Morphine and putting it straight into her IV tubing.

"Why did Luke leave me?" She hiccuped out to me, making me hold her hand tightly.

"I don't know Harp, they'll be here shortly, just relax."