forty-five

Luke.

She held my arm tightly as I walked her to Calum's office.

She was smaller than before

She seemed tired and weak, but I didn't question it- she had been living in a shelter.

We went into Calum's office, seeing both him and Ashton staring to papers on his desk.

"But we did give her penicillin-" "guys" I spoke.

"She didn't react well to it though." Ashton continued the conversation with Calum.

"Guys" I spoke again.

"She's allergic to-" "I think they're busy" Harper spoke, making them both instantly look up.

"Harp" Ashton spoke, moving to his feet as Calum did the same.

"What the hell are you doing here?"  Calum asked as Ashton brought her into a hug.

"I told you guys I was going to come back" she spoke with a smile.

"But you texted Michael that you never wanted to see us again-" "I don't have my phone and I haven't had it in a month, they kicked me out." She spoke swiftly, pulling Calum into a hug as soon as Ashton let her go.

"What do you mean, they like actually kicked you out?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah- I've been living in a women's shelter and working at a coffee shop to get the money to come back." She mumbled.

"A shelter?" Calum spoke, clearly becoming angry about the situation.

"Yeah- it wasn't that bad, it was just cold-" "my poor baby." Ashton pulled her into his chest again.

"Jesus Christ you're probably sick- you need a check up-" "I want to see Michael first." She spoke firmly.

"we can make that happen"

So we all moved to Michael's office, knowing he'd go there first.

She sat in his desk chair, we all sat on the couch.

And soon, he was walking in, talking to us immediately.

"Why are all of you in my office?" He asked, never looking to his desk chair, but we all just smiled to him, making him stare to us- even more confused.

"You guys okay?" He asked- oddly slower- raising an eyebrow to us.

But then a sneeze caused him to look away and to his desk chair, where Harper sat, laughing lightly.

"I was trying to hold it in to see how long it would take you to notice me" she laughed out, but Michael didn't say a word, he went straight to her, grabbing her immediately and hugging her.

"Oh my god- I thought I'd never see you again." He spoke into her shoulder.

"She was never texting you." Ashton spoke, making him look to us as Harper just held Michael, happiness embedded into her face.

"Her parents took everything from her and kicked her out. She's been living in a shelter and working at a coffee shop for the money to get here." He finished, making Michael hold her tighter.

"Why the hell would they kick you out?" He asked her.

"To be honest with you, I don't think they ever intended to have a life with me."