thirty-four

Michael.

I woke up to the feeling of someone moving beside me and hands gently touching my chest.

I opened my eyes quickly, seeing Harper sitting beside my arm on the couch, her hand barely resting on my chest.

"What's wrong?" I immediately asked, knowing the medicine should've kept her knocked out.

"I can't get wingstop out of my mind." She spoke tiredly, and I couldn't help but laugh.

I looked to the clock, seeing that it was three in the morning.

Wingstop wasn't open, but I bet a bar with wings would be.

"Let's go get you some wings, pretty girl" I exhaled.

I took her IV out, which I was surprised that she wasn't tripping over.

She held my arm as I texted her mom to let her know and took Harper out of the building.

I called a nearby bar and ordered the wings as I drove, seeing nothing but smiles from Harper.

"I wish I would've known that the trick to making you happy is to buy you wings at three in the morning" I smiled to her, seeing her glance to me before back to the road.

"Food itself makes me pretty damn happy."

We got the wings, heading back to the hotel and sitting outside of the nursery to watch the babies.

"They're adorable." Harper smiled.

"I can't wait to have one" I mumbled to her, seeing her look to me.

"I'm not implying with your mom-" "I'm not mad, Michael" she laughed lightly.

"You send mixed signals about whether you like me and your mom together or not," I spoke to her.

"Are you two considered together?" She asked me.

"I- I mean not technically, I haven't asked her to date me" I stuttered over my words.

"Do you love her?" She asked, making me freeze.

I thought about the question.

"I don't know yet" I mumbled to her.

"Is she all you think about throughout the day? The only girl that matters to you, besides your family of course." She asked me.

"No" I answered truthfully, seeing her look to me with wide eyes.

"You're going to break my moms fucking heart- I should kick your fucking ass-" I cut her off my grabbing her arms

"She's not the only girl that matters and she's not the only girl I think about throughout the day" I spoke slowly.

"Yeah- I got that- don't be a fucking dick, just tell her now-" "because of you." I finished.

She froze.

"I care about you and you matter to me. I'm concerned about you throughout the day and I've already threatened the three guys that they have to tell me before they take you out of this building so I know where you are at all points." I told her, seeing her fighting a smile clearly.

"You know what" she almost whispered to me

"I don't hate you half as much as I used to."