forty-one

She wouldn't let me tell them goodbye.

I had none of my possessions, they were all still at Michael's house due to me not packing.

My phone was dead from sitting outside all night and morning.

And I was crying as my mom almost drug me through the airport.

But I finally decided

She's not getting her way

Not easily at least.

As soon as we got through security, I grabbed one of the guards.

"She's kidnapping me."

I knew it was stupid, but at least I would be able to tell the boys goodbye.

And believe me, it worked.

They immediately handcuffed my mom as she yelled at them, at me, at everyone.

We were escorted out of the building.

"Are you fucking serious Harper- I'm going to beat your ass- I'm her mom!" My mom screamed to them.

They took us to the police station where I immediately dialed Michael's phone number.

"Hello?" He answered hesitantly.

"Hey" I exhaled slowly, fighting back the tears I wanted so badly to let go.

"Harper? Where the hell are you- I can't get into contact with your mom or you-" "I just got mom arrested."

"You what?"

Michael.

We sped to the police department.

Calum was laughing almost the entire time.

"She really told them that she was kidnapping her-" "Calum, not funny." I spoke, hearing him trying to contain his laughter, but failing.

We ran into the police department where officers and Harper's mom was yelling at Harper.

"This was a serious situation, just because you don't get your way doesn't mean-" "Harper" I interrupted.

Her face lit up.

She ran straight to me, hugging me tighter than ever.

"This is all I wanted" I heard her crying into my shoulder, sympathy taking over the officers faces.

"I just wanted to say goodbye" she sobbed out, making her mom look to an officer.

"You're not going to do anything?" She asked.

The officer looked back to us, Harper crying in my arms.

"There's a lot going on in her head right now. Let her get her goodbyes and she'll willingly go with you." The officer nodded.

"Okay. I'm rescheduling out flights and then we are leaving, end of discussion." Her mom spat, leaving the room as Harper stayed glued into my chest, sobbing.

"Harp" I spoke slowly, rubbing her back.

"She's not letting me stay" she sobbed to me.

"I don't want to go with her, Michael" she cried out.

"Listen" Ashton stepped in, grabbing her face gently.

"She's clearly not okay with leaving you here, so go with her for a few days, we will book you a flight back here. You can leave on your own, you're eighteen. It's your decision, but this way you have more time to think about what you're doing" he spoke slowly.

Her eyes went back to me.

"Do you hate me?" Her voice cracked.

"What? Absolutely not." I spoke quickly.

"She told me that the only reason we got close is because she said that if you wanted to keep her, you had to make me like you." She cried, making me instantly angry.

"Princess"

I wiped her tears slowly.

"Your mom is trying to get you on her side so that you won't like me." I told her the truth.

"Well it's not working" she cried out

"Because I fucking love you guys"