thirty-seven

I woke up to Michael shaking me.

The worst thoughts went through my head, he never wakes me up like this.

"What" I spat, sitting straight up.

"Come look."

Michael and I almost jogged through multiple halls until we were in a darker room, where the walls were lit up,

He threw some x-rays up on the lights, making me look to it.

"You know how your moms cancer was on her spine and ribs and such?" He spoke.

I nodded.

"This is how it looked before" He pointed out the familiar masses on the screen

"And this is now"

It was small, almost gone.

"What the hell-" "I think it's small enough to completely cut out now and then we'll go into remission and your mom can finally come to our house and we can be out of the hospital, besides for a few check ups and such every now and then." He told me.

"We go home?" I felt almost disappointed as I asked the question, and I saw my question sink into his face.

Did he forget that we live a whole plane ride away?

"Oh" he looked away.

"Yeah- I guess- I guess you guys do go home" he mumbled slowly.

I looked to my feet

How was I supposed to go back to my mom dating douche bags after I've experienced Michael?

"I mean- I'm sure if we talk to your mom, she'll come visit a lot and I'll come to you guys too" he spoke, making me slowly nod, trying to act as if I wasn't as disappointed as I truly was.

So we went to my moms room

And michael told my mom the good news and they scheduled the surgery for next week.

"And then- once you're fully healed- you can go back home" Michael spoke slowly and I saw my moms face soften.

"Home, home?" She looked to him.

I saw his face suddenly lift.

"Unless- unless you guys want to live here."

I stared to them.

"I'll buy a house, we can sell what you guys have now and move you down here, Harp already has a friend or two and you and I don't have to do long distance" he proposed, making my mom look to me.

I was already willing.

"I like that idea." I mumbled.

"Then, lets do it."

"I'll start house shopping"