Chapter 10 - The Darker Side - Late June

.

The after-party was one of the biggest Chris has ever had. Ashley arranges for him to have a greeting line as he entered the venue. After shaking or slapping the hands of all the people within his reach, Marshall leads the other members of the security detail as they escort him to the middle of the designated dancefloor area. Chris was so appreciative of the adulation he received; he took the microphone from Lamar and gave an emotional speech to the attendees.

.

Chris: Oh my goodness, first of all, I'd like to thank God for seeing me through these past few months. [the crowd cheering him on]

... I'd like to thank my family and my friends, once again for being there for me when I needed them. So many, many, many, thanks to everyone that supported me, wished me well, prayed for me, and everything else that you've done for me. [someone screams "I love you Chris1"]

... [giggles] I love you too. [blows a kiss in the direction of the lady screaming]

... And of course, the loves of my life, Michael Jayden and Christian Jayson. [looking directly into one of the cameras]

... MJ and CJ, I wish you were old enough to be here, but daddy loves you so very much. [the crowd "awws" as a collective]

... And last, but definitely not least, not in one bit. Mr. Carter, I genuinely don't know what I'd do without you. You are my rock, my beacon, and the absolute perfect person my life desperately needs to be whole. So thank you, so very much. And ... everyone. Now let's get it.

.

.

The crowd erupts with a deafening round of cheers and applause. The music gets cranked up, and Chris starts to do his thing on the dance floor after handing the microphone to one of the event staffers.

.

The after-party started off with the host, shaking and whining his waist. Zerick and one of the other new dancers, Sasha, joined him soon after. Chris' attention was drawn to one of the newest female dancers as she takes this opportunity to show off her skills. The rest of the dancers gathered around her and cheered her on.

.