Chapter 21 - Getting Caught Up - Late November

.

.

THE WEEKEND AFTER THANKSGIVING

.

After making last-minute arrangements to meet up with Dequan and Alex, Sydney sends them a thousand dollars to reserve them for dates. The plan he hatched was that he needed to flaunt some good looking men to make his ex jealous at a party later that night. He claimed he was coming to meet them and take them shopping.

On his way to fix another potential incident that Chris found himself, Sydney sees Addison. She was leaving the hotel, using one of the side entrances with a young man, someone much younger than her. The young man walked with Addison towards the front doors, before turning back around and rushing to catch the elevator Sydney was in. The young man waves at Sydney to holds the door for him, as Alex enters the elevator, he thanks Sydney for holding the door.

.

Sydney: of course. [looks at Alex in the corner of his eye]

Alex: [looks at the floor buttons on the panel] Oh, we're going to the same floor.

Sydney: [putting on a fake smile] indeed.

.

When the doors opened on the third floor, Sydney allows Alex to exit first. Sydney walks slowly behind Alex, hoping to see what room he was going. Sydney was looking at the numbers on the room doors while watching the young man, to see what room he went into. Sydney was very protective of his nieces and nephew, ever since their father was killed. He wanted to ensure that Addison wasn't getting entangled with anyone "unsavory." After Alex opens the door to his room and steps in, a loud argument ensued.

.

Voice From the Room (Dequan): every fucking time she calls, you just drop everything.

Alex: [pushing his way into the room] move outta the way, DAMN! [enters the room and slams the door, Sydney moves closer to the room and listens to the argument]

... I don't say shit when you go see Keyon, Jason, Kenny, Stephon, or Eddie!

Voice From the Room (Dequan): yeah, but she used to pay, now she getting free dick!

Alex: at least it's only one person. You give free ass to every fucking body Dequan.

.

When Sydney hears the name, he realized that these guys were the ones Chris and Clay hired. After he looks at the number to the room door, it confirmed that they were the people he was supposed to see. Sydney decides the best thing to do is to leave and not confront Alex and Dequan. On his way out of the hotel, he removes the SIM card from the phone and factory resets it before throwing it down into the sewer.

.

After returning to Chris' house, Sydney told Chris that he needed to avoid those men and that he wouldn't be able to anything until he knew more about them. Chris didn't question his uncle; he simply thanks him for all he had already done.