Chapter 20 - Family Ties - Thanksgiving Week Late November

.

.

Over the next few days, the arrangements were finalized about flying Chris' sisters and their families to Atlanta for Thanksgiving. Plans were confirmed for a catering crew to cook most of the food in the early morning hours on Thanksgiving Day. Rental furniture was ordered for Brooke's baby.

This would be that first, Chris hosted any holiday functions at his house. He was panicking on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Clay tried everything to get him to calm down. Foreplay, fellatio, and intercourse, but nothing could keep Chris calm and relaxed for too long.

When Giovonni came over with Gabby and Domineke that night, everyone could see how Chris wasn't his usual happy-go-lucky self. Clay suggested that Giovonni make one of his cocktails.

.

Giovonni: umm, he said he was gonna drink anymore ... or like that anymore.

Clay: well he stressing me and everybody else out! Let's do a movie night. Have the kids watch Trolls with Erica and Domineke. Then we can go chill in the game room or you can get him to sing or something.

Giovonni: iight, you get the movie started for the kiddos. I'll make Domineke and Erica a little sumpin' sumpin'!

.

Clay and Giovonni tell everyone what the plans were for the remainder of the night. The kids had been all day, so they didn't make it more than an hour into the movie before Erica and Domineke put the boys to bed. Domineke took Gabby back across the street.

.

Meanwhile, upstairs in the game room, Giovonni and Clay were doing some karaoke. As they were singing the lyrics to Hair Down by Sir featuring Kendrick Lamar. At first, Clay and Giovonni were trying to be serious, but when Clay pushed Giovonni to the side to sing the Kendrick Lamar verses by himself. That's when Chris began to smile and laugh at the two closest people in his life. Clay began to hump on Chris' leg and sing.

.

Clay: [gently runs his hand over Chris' hair] Baby, I'm just tryna let your hair down (Chris: my hair down)
Everybody's watching, I don't care now (Chris: I'm aware now! [giggles])
... I can't find a reason I should care now

.

Chris and Clay kiss for a bit as Giovonni hits the fast forward button on the karaoke machine. Clay stands up and begins singing Focus by H.E.R. with Giovonni.

.

.

Clay & Giovonni: ... Can you focus on me?
Baby, can you focus on me? ...

Hands in the soap
Have the faucet's running
And I keep looking at you
Stuck on your phone
And you're stuck in your zone
You don't have a clue