Chapter 12 - Breaking Boundaries - Mid July

.

.

Over the next week, Clay was not able to live with the fact that a potentially innocent man might get convicted of a crime he didn't commit. Clay finally speaks to Chris about the night he was attacked.

.

Clay: hey Chris, you heard anything about the case?

Chris: umm, no. Why?

Clay: just wondering, I know the guy admitted to everything except attacking you.

Chris: [extending his arms and pushes Clay away from him] I don't want to talk about that night ... okay!

Clay: [pulling Chris back towards him] I'm sorry, I'm sorry. [kissing Chris repeatedly until he begins to laugh]

... whatchu doin' today?

Chris: working on some songs with Giovonni. And you?

Clay: looking at places big enough to fit a gym slash spa.

Chris: aww okay, now I want to go with you! [pouting]

Clay: [pecking Chris on the lips] y'all gotta work. Them fans gonna be pissed if y'all don't finish up that tour.

Chris: [giggles] you're right. If we finish up early, I'd like to come and see what you're looking for. And if you finish early, will you come and watch your baby work?

Clay: of course, I'd wash you clip your toenails.

.

They both laugh loudly before exchanging several kisses before going to say goodbye to the twins.

.

.

Clay drives to an abandoned retail space that was a former Toys R Us. His mother and brother pulled up shortly after he got there. The listing agent opened the front doors and let them inside to view the space. As soon as Carl got a glimpse of the listing agent, he couldn't stop staring at her. She was dressed in a form fitting black dress.