Chapter 26 - Six Degree of C² - Late December - Early January

.

.

When Luis returned to his empty hotel room, he flung himself into bed and started to cry. Once he became tired of weeping. He thinks about all stuff that he's been through over the past few years. Luis decides that the best way to deal with his issues was to write them down. He started to make his list when there was a knock on the door. When Luis checks the door, he finds Anthony standing on the other side. Luis jumps into Anthony's arms and attempts to squeeze the life out of him with the biggest and tightest hug he could give.

.

Luis: I thought you left?

Anthony: I did ... I was in the Lyft and then ... [shrugging his shoulders as he thought about what he was feeling]

... I just couldn't leave you like that. I know you going through some things, so I came back. Got a room upstairs and started looking for a good paying job or one I can get a better job with. There's this gym/rehab/recovery center opening soon. They're looking for an assistant manager. I applied and I got the job.

Luis: wow ... okay. I'm actually happy for you.

Anthony: I also wanna say sorry for what I wrote in that ...

Luis: [cuts Anthony off] ... no, no, no ... you were right. I'm the one that owes the apology. I'm sorry for treating the way I did.

Anthony: I can't stay mad at you.

.

Luis and Anthony do the preverbal 'kiss and make-up' thing. They sat down and talk about what each other felt about the situation. Anthony told Luis that he felt that he wasn't appreciated for the things that he did. He explained how he dropped everything to make it to Atlanta when no one in his family came.

.

Anthony: I mean, it's not like I need your praise and applause for doing something "I" would have done regardless. But it just seems like you don't care 'bout shit I do.

Luis: yeah, I know I'm a selfish whore sometimes. You know I love being the center of attention, and you give it to me. That's why I love you so much.

Anthony: do you?

Luis: I do, and from now on, I'mma show you with my actions and not just my words. Baby, I love you. And the fact that you didn't leave me lets me know you love me too. Maybe a whole lot more than I deserve.

Anthony: promise to be good to yourself, cause I'mma be good to me.

Luis: I understand. If I'm treating you like shit again, let me know. Don't keep that shit inside and then blow up on me.

Anthony: okay. [the two exchange kisses and a long loving hug]

... I found a place you might like.