Beyond the Corona Walls, Part 3/6

As Varian draws closer to camp, he hears some kind of ruckus going on. Cassandra is grunting, and it sounds like she might be fighting someone.

"Hey! I don't know who you are, but you do not get to do that to my best friend!" He hears Rapunzel shout.

What's going on? He wonders, and runs faster to get to the camp. He hides behind a tree as he watches Cassandra and Rapunzel face off with a strange woman. She is really tall, wearing armor, and half of her face is painted red.

     The new woman sighs, glancing back and forth between Rapunzel and Cassandra

The new woman sighs, glancing back and forth between Rapunzel and Cassandra. Realizing they aren't backing down, she says, "Alright then." She takes a fighting stance, as Pascal and Ruddiger, who have been watching from the caravan, cover their eyes.

Rapunzel rushes at the woman, frying pan in hand, and swings. But the woman just sidesteps, causing the princess to spin and fall to the ground.

"Let's try that again, weirdo," Cass says to the woman, drawing her sword. She attempts to attack, but with every swing of her sword the woman just continues to step out of the way.

"I'm not a weirdo," the woman says as she easily evades attacks from both Rapunzel and Cassandra. "Am I? Eccentric, maybe. Unconventional, sure. But, weirdo?" She catches Cass off guard, tripping her and knocking her to her feet.

This lady is good, Varian thinks. Even Cass can't fight her! I've got to help them somehow...

Cassandra rolls away as Rapunzel swings her frying pan again.

"Oh, come on, guys. This is ridiculous," the woman says. "I don't want to fight you."

But Cassandra isn't giving up. She jumps up and continuously swings her sword with all her might, over and over again. But she still doesn't land a single blow. "You could have fooled me!" She shouts.

Varian digs in the pocket of his apron, and finds something he believes might help. Now just to wait for the right moment...

Cassandra rushes at the woman yet again, almost stabbing her with the tip of her blade. But the woman does a backflip in the air, shaking her head as she lands back on her feet. "You guys aren't even trying!" But once Rapunzel hurls her frying pan at the woman's head, and she catches it, she rolls her eyes. "Oh, wait, they are trying."

"That's it!" Cassandra shouts, leaping into the air. She strikes with her sword, but the woman just evades again and even disarms Cassandra with a well-placed kick.

Now! Varian thinks to himself. He throws the item he found in his pocket at the woman, and with a mist of pink smoke her feet are suddenly bound to the ground with a thick goo.

"What..?" She asks in confusion, but Rapunzel smiles knowingly as Varian steps out from his hiding place.

"Is that...?" Rapunzel starts to say.