Curses! Part 5/5

"Just two more towers to go," Rapunzel says.

     "We're gonna need a lot of momentum to make it across both of them to the other side," Varian observes.

     Rapunzel smiles confidently. "Then let's make a run for it!"

     The horses move forward, causing the tower to sway toward the next rock. Once again timing it perfectly, they leap onto the next tower. But unexpectedly, the previous tower crashes into the final tower ahead of them, leaving them stranded with nowhere to jump to.

     "Oh no!" Varian says as the others scream. The rock tower begins to sway forward, but the horses manage to steady it by balancing the weight.

     "We've got to get to the other side!" Cassandra shouts.

     "Oh, sure!" Eugene replies sarcastically. "Maybe we'll just all flap our arms and we'll fly across!"

     Cassandra glares at Eugene, but this seems to give Rapunzel an idea. "Fly across..." She says under her breath.

     "What are you thinking, Princess?" Varian asks.

     Rapunzel smiles. "Something crazy," she replies. "Hook Foot, do you still have all the counter-curse ingredients?"

     "Everything except a weasel tooth," Hook Foot replies.

     "Shorty, I'm gonna need to borrow Edna again," Rapunzel says. Shorty happily hands her his tooth through the window. She takes it, and turns to Varian. "Varian, do you have a vial of your Flynnolium on you?"

     Varian smirks, pulling a flask of his compound out of his pocket. "Do you even have to ask?"

     "Perfect," Rapunzel says, grinning wider

     As the horses keep the rock tower steady, Hook Foot gathers the ingredients and Rapunzel builds a fire. The princess attaches the cauldron to the caravan above the fire and tosses the ingredients in, dropping in the tooth and pouring the Flynnolium in last. "Gang, hold on tight! It's time for takeoff." The brew bubbles and glows green, and soon enough it blasts up out of the cauldron exactly as it did before. "Get ready... Now!" She tilts the cauldron, and the momentum rockets the caravan forward and hurtles it safely to the other side of the canyon. The caravan slides around, and comes to a smooth stop.

     The danger having finally passed, Cassandra slides down in her seat with a groan as Varian actually faints from all the stress.