Vigor the Visionary, Part 5/5

Varian wakes up to discover that he hasn't fallen all the way into the canyon but has landed on a ledge. He is slightly bruised, and has a small gash on his arm, but he is otherwise unharmed. He begins to feel light-headed at the sight of the blood on his arm, but he forces himself to stay conscious. He glances around, and sees Rapunzel unconscious nearby. He scrambles over to her, and shakes her gently. "Rapunzel? Rapunzel!"

     Maximus and Fidella neigh from another ledge above as Rapunzel slowly opens her eyes

     Maximus and Fidella neigh from another ledge above as Rapunzel slowly opens her eyes. "Varian, are you okay?"

     "I think so," he replies, helping her up.

     "Your arm," Rapunzel gasps. "Are you sure you're alright?"

     "Yeah, I feel faint— fine! I feel fine," Varian replies quickly. "But, uh... After this, I feel the need to invent something that will protect us from any future falls like this."

     "Let's hope we don't have any more falls like this," Rapunzel replies. But finally, she begins to fully come back to her senses, and realization strikes her. "Eugene! Where's Eugene?" She asks frantically. She spots him farther below, hanging from a vine. "Don't worry, I'm coming!"

     "No!" Eugene insists. "Stay where you are, I'll find a way up."

     Vigor suddenly jumps from the ledge and onto Eugene, causing him to lose his grip on the vine and tumble farther into the canyon.

     "Eugene, no!" Rapunzel cries, as she and Varian are unable to do anything but watch.

     "It-it really wasn't that much farther down," Varian tries to comfort her as she cries into his arms

     "It-it really wasn't that much farther down," Varian tries to comfort her as she cries into his arms. "I'm sure he's alright." But honestly, he isn't totally convinced of this himself.

     "Whoa, snakes!" They hear Eugene's voice shout from down in the canyon. They hear Vigor shriek soon after.

     Rapunzel glances over the edge, but she can't see anything through the mist. "Quick, take my hair!" She yells to the horses as she lets down her braid and tosses her hair up to them. Fidella catches the end, and Max stands under it in the middle for leverage.