𝐢𝐱. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨?

BRUTAL
chapter nine

BRUTALchapter nine

where'd he go?

ADRIAN HAD FALLEN ASLEEP AFTER HIS MILD PANIC ATTACK AND DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT MIKE HAD LEFT. Mike had planned on leaving and checking in on Will, but when Adrian had had a mental breakdown, it had sent him back a bit.

But he was able to leave once the boy had fallen asleep and he was now stuck at the Byers' house, trying to figure out what the hell was going on with Will.

Adrian sat up, his head was pounding. It felt as if he was getting hit in the head multiple times by a metal folding chair. Not that he knows what that felt like. He rubbed his head with a small groan. He assumed that it was because of his little panic earlier, so he just brushed it off.

He looked out to the sun that was shining and furrowed his eyebrows. He looked around Mike's boyish room in hopes of finding a clock or anything like that.

He hopped up off of the bed when he saw one and walked over, yawning unintentionally when he saw that time. 11:20 AM.

He stretched slightly and jumped when he heard static crackle from behind him. He scoffed and turned around, walking over to the supercom that was laid on Mike's bedside table.

He picked it up and listened. "Guys, this is Dustin again. Does anyone copy? This is a code red. I repeat, a code red!" His voice was muffled by the static but Adrian was able to make out the words.

He decided to leave it alone, considering how he had no idea what a 'code red' was.

Not even two minutes later, the static crackled again. "I really need someone to pick up here. Hopper's MIA, and I've got a code red. Code red."

Adrian shook his head and quickly got changed into some jeans and a t-shirt. And just as he was pulled on his shirt, Dustin spoke again.

"All right, it's Dustin again. Seriously, I have a code red." Adrian almost doubled over in laughter when he heard someone reply. A girl no older than ten.

"Could you please shut up?" A young girl spoke, her voice sounding almost crystal clear. "Erica? Erica, is Lucas there?" Dustin asked frantically. Adrian was debating on answering Dustin.

"Don't know. Don't care." The girl sounded very bratty and Adrian found it hilarious. "Is he with Mike?" Dustin presser. "Like I said, I don't know and I don't care."

Adrian cackled as he listened in on the conversation. "Please tell him it's super important. Please tell him that I have a code-."

"Code red?"

"Yep, code red. Exactly." Dustin reassured. Adrian almost brought the com to his mouth but was once again cut off by Erica. "Mmm-hmm. I got a code for you instead. It's called code shut-your-mouth."