𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

BRUTAL 2
chapter seven

BRUTAL 2chapter seven

the plan

ADRIAN STEPPED FORWARD, ENTERING THE HOUSE WITH THE RED DOOR, HIS NOSE SCRUNCHED UP AS HE SMELT SOME COOKIES. "Are we sure this is the right house?" He asked.

"Yeah. I would hate to be intruding." Frankie told the two girls that stood in front of them. They ignored the complaints they were getting and entered anyways, walking down the halls.

Frankie and Adrian shared a look. The boy sighed as he held out his hand in front of her. She quickly grabbed it and the two followed after them. "This is her house," Max whispered when the two had caught up.

"What?" El asked. "Heather's house," Max told her. Max glanced towards Frankie, who awkwardly stood next to Adrian, glancing around to make sure nobody could see them.

"Frankie. We'll be okay." Frankie swallowed thickly, nodding. Adrian stuck his hand in his jacket pocket, making sure he still had his pack of cigarettes.

"Isn't that cute, huh?" The four jerked their heads to the side when they heard a woman burst out laughing. El and Max glanced at each other before taking up, walking into the room.

Adrian sighed. "If worst comes to worst, I'm friends with the chief." Frankie let out a small sigh, nodding.

She pulled to boy along, following Max and El into what seemed to be a dining room. "He's so funny." The woman took a sip of her wine before she noticed the four children standing on her carpet.

"Max," Billy said. Adrian wasn't expecting to see him here, but he didn't doubt it at the same time. "We didn't mean to... barge in. We tried to knock, but... maybe you didn't hear us over the storm." Billy chewed on his food lightly, glaring at the four.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" Adrian glared at the man. "We're four very behaved children who would like to beat someone's a-."

Billy chuckling, cut him off. "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this... is my sister, Maxine. And her... friend... Adrian." Something was wrong. He never called Max his sister.

"Oh!" The woman smiled sweetly at them.

"What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Billy asked with fake concern. Adrian saw right through his act.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Max lied. "Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?"

Adrian decided to add on to the lie. "Well, your guys' parents were worried because they hadn't heard from-."