𝐱. 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬

BRUTAL
chapter ten

BRUTALchapter ten

railroads

ADRIAN HAD BEEN TOO LAZY TO CHANGE HIS SWEATER BUT WAS NOW REGRETTING IT AS HE WALKED DOWN THE RAILROAD TRACKS BESIDE DUSTIN HENDERSON AND STEVE HARRINGTON. The fact that Steve was helping two thirteen-year-olds surprised Adrian, as he didn't feel like Steve was that kind of person.

He had a pair of yellow washing gloves on that were clashing with his blue sweater, but he didn't say anything. He had a bucket of meat in his hand as he threw the meat down on the old wooden planks.

"All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met." Adrian quirked an eyebrow at that and smirked at Dustin. "All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things."

Dustin glared at Adrian, who pursed his lips and continued throwing meat down like he didn't do anything. "I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asked.

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin answered. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just... I don't know. I just feel like your trying way too hard."

"And what would you know about that kind of stuff, Harrington?" Adrian asked the older teen from behind him, earning a shove. Adrian laughed and regained his balance. "Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Adrian cackled before covering his mouth quickly with his hand.

"It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care." Steve explained, causing Adrian to raise an eyebrow at him. That was not it.

"Even if you do?" Dustin asked, believing every foolish word that came out of Steve's mouth. "Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve nodded, a piece of his hair moving with him.

"Then what?" Dustin asked, wanting to get more answers from the guy with all the 'relationship advice.' "You just wait until, uh... until you feel it." Adrian scrunched his nose.

"Feel what?" Dustin was completely clueless. "It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?" Adrian was surprised that Steve had that many words in his vocabulary.

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-." Adrian laughed as Steve cut the poor boy off. "No, no, no, no, no. Like a... like a sexual electricity." Adrian gagged.

"Oh." Dustin was beginning to feel awkward. "You feel that and then you make your move." Adrian glanced at him with a thoughtful look. He knew that wasn't how it worked but Steve did a pretty good job explaining it.