𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥

BRUTAL 2
chapter five

BRUTAL 2chapter five

the mall

ADRIAN YAWNED AS HE WALKED UP TO HIS PHONE, BRINGING IT TO HIS EAR BEFORE DIALING MIKE'S NUMBER. He was bored and wanted to hang out with someone.

"Hello?" It was a feminine voice. "Hey. Is Mike home?" He heard a hum. "Yup! May I ask who this is?"

"Um, I'm his... friend... Adrian." He mentally cursed when he stammered but hoped the woman was dumb enough to miss it. "Oh. You."

"Me."

"I'll get him on the phone." Adrian waited, tapping his elbow as he looked around his room. He took notice of the pictures of him and Max, along with Mike photobombing them, and smiled.

"Hello?" Adrian smiled and lifted his head. "Hey! Mike. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Maybe at the ma-."

"I would love to, except I'm busy-helping Lucas." Adrian furrowed his eyebrows. "But you're never busy, and Lucas wasn't planning on doing anything today."

"Um. He decided on it last minute." Adrian didn't believe him for a second. "Okay... then what is he doing today?" Adrian could practically hear Mike panicking.

"He needs help... rearranging his room." Adrian sighed, frowning a bit. "Fine. But you'll still come over... right?"

"Um. I got to go. I'll talk to you later." Then the dial tone rang through his ears. Adrian craned his neck back as he stared at the phone.

He rolled his eyes before slamming the phone back on the hook. He turned around and slipped in his converse, throwing on a button-up shirt before he ran out of the house.

He hopped onto his bike and peddled down the street, pulling onto a narrow trail that led to Hopper's cabin in the woods.

He made sure not to hit any trees as he skidded to a stop in front of the house. He let his bike fall to the ground before he ran up to the door, knocking lightly.

The door opened to reveal the chief. "Adrian?"

"Yes. That's me. Is El here?" Hopper sighed as he nodded. "Do you mind if I take her to Max's house?"

Hopper thought for a moment, swallowing thickly. "Nope. I don't mind. El!"

Adrian smiled as the girl came running out of her room, her cheeks stained pink from her naturally rosy cheeks. "Adrian wants to take you somewhere." El smiled when she noticed the boy.

"Just have her back here by nine. Alright?" Adrian smiled with a small salute. The two walked down the stairs and picked up his bike.

He hopped on, El following suit, wrapping her arms around the boy to keep herself from falling. "So... where are we going?"