𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

BRUTAL 2
chapter ten

BRUTAL 2chapter ten

the talk

THE GROUP OF KIDS SAT IN SILENCE AS THEY SAT AROUND EL, WHO HAD A BANDANA AROUND HER HEAD. Blood dripped down her nose as she concentrated. "Woods." She started quickly, her fingers wrapping around each other nervously.

"Woods?" Lucas repeated, looking at the girl in confusion. El nodded. "He's with... Will's mom. And two other guys." She explained.

"My-my mom?" Will leaned forward, making sure he heard that right. "What are they doing?" Max asked her, her red hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Ill... annoy. They're going to Ill-annoy." El answered. A knock on the door caused Adrian to jump, not expecting to loud sound. "Mike! Breakfast!" Adrian scowled at the voice, knowing exactly who it belonged to.

"Not now, Mom!" Mike shouted back, turning back towards El. "Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?" Adrian asked her, only getting a shrug in response. "Ill-annoy." She stammered out, not knowing what to say.

"Alright. Thanks, El." Max stood up, grabbing both Frankie and El by their wrists and taking them into the bathroom. Adrian sat on the stairs as he watched Mike pace around the room as if he was thinking. "Why is Hopper all of a sudden hiking with Will's mom to Illinois. And Dustin's MIA, too? I mean, this can't be a coincidence." Adrian rested his head on the railing as he listened.

"What does it matter? The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us." Lucas told him, pointing at the four boys in the room.

"Up to us to do what exactly?" Mike stopped, looking at him like he was crazy. "Find Billy and stop him." Adrian scoffed, standing up.

"Are you insane? Did you see what that asshole did to El?" Mike nodded along. "That's a very nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?" Mike asked him, crossing his arms over his chest.

Lucas looked at him like what he was about to say was obvious. "We burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time." Adrian looked at him in disbelief.

"Yup, definitely insane."Adrian ran a hand through his hair. "Okay, then what?" Mike asked the boy that was sitting on the couch. "Then we win." Lucas pointed out.

"No, see, that's the problem. We don't. We don't win. We got the Mind Flayer out of Will before and he just came right back. We don't just have to stop Billy, we have to stop the Mind Flayer." Mike told him.