𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞

BRUTAL 2
chapter eighteen

BRUTAL 2chapter eighteen

one last goodbye

ADRIAN HAD TEARS FORMING IN HIS EYES AS HE HELPED WILL PACK UP THE LAST OF HIS THINGS. After the whole Mind Flayer situation, the Byers', and El, were moving away. What broke his heart was the fact that El no longer had a father figure, all she had now was her friends.

Hopper had been killed in an explosion, according to Joyce, and everyone refused to talk about it.

In the other room, Lucas and Max were making fun of Dustin, apparently about a song he sang. However, the two had broken up around two months ago and now Max was dating Frankie.

Will lifted his pile of D&D stuff and started walking off, Adrian scrambling after him with his last box. Adrian followed and watched as Will set his things into the donation box.

Adrian noticed Mike and they shared a look. "Whoa, dude. That's the donation box." Mike pointed out to make sure that Will meant to put it in there.

"I know. I'll just use yours when I come back. I mean, if we still wanna play." Will stated. Mike nodded. "Yeah, but what if you want to join another party?"

Will gave him a look. "Not possible." And the three smiled at each other, Adrian's hand intertwined with Mike's.

"I'm gonna go find El, alright? I'll be back." Mike nodded and Adrian walked off, searching for El. He stopped when he saw the girl reaching into a closet as if she was trying to reach something.

Then, she stuck her hand out when she realized she wasn't tall enough, but it did nothing. Adrian sighed as he walked forward. "They'll come back. I know they will."

He stopped in front of the closet and pulled the teddy bear out, handing it to El. "Thanks."

Adrian smiled at him. "I'm really gonna miss you." He said as he pulled the girl into a hug, resting his cheek on her head. "Me too. But we'll always have time to visit, right?"

Adrian chuckled at her. "Yeah." El looked up at his head of hair, just now noticing that it wasn't pink anymore, but a light blue. "I like the hair," El told him as she played with one of his curls.

Adrian laughed and pushed her hand away. "Thanks."

"Did you ask your dad about thanksgiving?" El asked him as she tightly held the bear. "Yeah, I'll be there." Adrian smiled warmly at her.

"Hey, you remember when Max and Mike were talking about their feelings that one day?" Adrian nodded, waiting for the girl to continue. "I think you should talk to Mike about it." She smirked at him before walking off.

Adrian scoffed playfully before also walking out, messing with the rainbow bracelet on his wrist. He noticed that everyone was walking out so he quickly followed, standing next to Mike as the Byers' set their last box into the moving truck.

Adrian took in a deep breath to stop himself from crying, come on, it's not every day that one of your best friends moves away.

Adrian waited for Will to walk up to him, immediately giving the boy a tight hug. "I'll miss you, Byers," Adrian said, Will laughing softly.

"I'll miss you, too, Ace." Will then moved along, hugging the rest of his friends like it was the last time they would ever hug.

El walked up to Adrian and hugged him, again. Adrian melted into the hug, feeling comforted and relaxed. "Remember to contact me, okay?" El mumbled to him.

"I will."

"Come on, you guys, time to go," Joyce called from the truck. El let out a sigh as she walked away, waving at every single one of her friends. Will and Jonathan got into Jonathan's car, and El got into the truck with Joyce.

The group of teenagers walked forward, watching as the truck got farther and farther away.

Adrian took in a sharp and shaky breath as he watched. It was hard to believe that two of his best friends were moving away, but he knew it was probably just because Joyce wanted to keep them safe, and he respected that.

"Come on, guys. We should probably get home." Nancy got into her car as the other teenagers got their bikes.

And as everyone was riding away, Adrian grabbed Mike's arm, pulling him back a bit. "I need to tell you something."

Mike looked at him in worry. "You're not breaking up with me, again, are you?" Adrian giggled.

"No, don't worry." Adrian leaned forward, stopping at the boy's ear. "I love you, too." He whispered and Mike's cheeks turn red.

"You'd be dumb if you didn't think I heard that whole conversation. Hopper's cabin has surprisingly thin walls. Mike rubbed the back of his neck.

Adrian laughed and pulled his hand down, pushing his lips onto Mike's, who immediately kissed back.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Adrian froze and turned to the owner of the very familiar voice. Max stood at the end of the driveway, her arms crossed with a small smile on her face.

"We gotta go." Adrian sighed and looked at Mike, who pouted. "Just, come to my house, alright?"

Mike smiled and nodded. "Alright."

And so the two rode off, joining the others, who wouldn't admit it, but had just witnessed the whole thing.

And they were happy. Not knowing about the darkness that followed.

and that's a wrap. i really enjoyed writing this
i am most likely NOT returning to this book for season 4 IM SORRY
i hope you guys enjoyed this book just as much as i enjoyed writing it <33