𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

BRUTAL
chapter fourteen

BRUTALchapter fourteen

the problem

MIKE AND ELEVEN SLOWLY APPROACHED EACH OTHER, MUTTERING THE OTHER'S NAME BEFORE THE TWO OF THEM COLLIDED. Adrian stood beside Max, both of them sharing the same look. "Is that..." Max trailed off. "Eleven." Lucas breathed out in disbelief.

The two pulled away, giving Adrian a chance to get a good look at Eleven. She was short, brown hair, maybe a couple of freckles. He wasn't going to lie, she was definitely attractive, but he would never find her so attractive that he would date her.

"I never gave up on you." Mike smiled at the girl. "I called you every night. Every night for-."

"353 days." El finished, nodding. "I heard." Mike's jaw dropped softly and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asked.

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper spoke up. He walked up to the girl. "The hell is this? Where you been?" The chief asked the short girl. "Where have you been?" She shot back. Hopper smirked slightly before hugging the girl.

"You've been hiding her." Mike realized, glaring at the older man. "You've been hiding her this whole time." He brought his hands up and shoved him, causing Hopper to grab him by his arm.

"Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Adrian swallowed thickly as the two of them walked out, leaving El alone in the room with all her friends and some new ones.

El walked up to Dustin and Lucas, pulling both of them in a hug. "We missed you," Lucas admitted. "I missed you, too." El smiled. "We talked about you pretty much every day," Dustin said with a smile, and El tilted her head at him.

"Teeth," El stated as she touched his newly grown teeth with her hand. "What?" Dustin looked confused, not understanding what she was saying. "You have teeth." She repeated.

Dustin and Lucas smiled at each other. "Oh. You like these pearls?" Dustin asked before purring, causing El to crane her neck in surprise.

Max and Adrian nodded at each other before walking up. "Eleven? I'm Max, and this is-."

"Hugo." El finished. Adrian raised his eyebrows at her, giving her a look of confusion. "No... My name is Adrian." He corrected.

Eleven shook her head. "No. It's Hugo." Eleven pushed past the two, leaving Adrian dumbstruck and Max upset that she had just turned down her friendship.

Adrian looked back to see her hugging Joyce and moved closer to Dustin. "Uh. Dustin."

"What?" Dustin whispered back to him. "Who the hell is Hugo?"