5- Cats and Prisoner Again

Caroline's POV

"How'd you get here? Where were you? I didn't smell your scent! How? Did you cover your scent?" Fane questioned.

Shit, shit, shit. I can't tell him my secrets, and even if I did, he wouldn't believe me. He would think I was crazy.

"Curiosity killed the cat " I told him.

"But the cat had nine lives. Now tell me." He shot back, and chuckled when I looked annoyed.

"Well, ummm... I ran back here and I covered my scent so you wouldn't find me." I lied.

He looked at me suspiciously. Then he shrugged. I almost scoffed at him. He's so gullible.

Then his eyes flashed to black. "Don't ever try to leave me again!" He growled.

He lead me to my room and told me to stay put and explore the room. I sighed. Great. I was back to square one. Again.

"At least we get to be near mate!" Sapphire said happily.

"Oh, shut up you lovesick puppy!" I shot back.

I silently explored the room and checked for ways I could escape. Or, I could use my magic, I mused. But they would be suspicious...

I checked the window. It was really thick and shut tight. I don't think anyone could open it or break it. And if I did, they would be suspicious...

I then walked to the door and saw that it was locked. I looked through the door and saw Jake, Jasper, and Ann outside my door. Too bad.

I walked around, checking other ways I could escape.

After a few minutes of observing and pacing, I sighed. Fane really had everything planned out, huh? At least he wouldn't make me sleep next to him to make sure I would escape. I flinched at that thought.

Maybe we should ask to sleep with him! He is our mate!

Great. The lovesick puppy was back.

I don't care if he's my mate! I'm just like a prisoner here! Not Fane's mate, Fane's prisoner, for god's sake! Get that in your head Sapphire!

I wonder what my parents are doing right now...

I got really mad again. "Argh! I wanna go home!" I yelled while banging on the door.
***

What'd you think about this chapter? Should I make the chapters longer? I really hope someone reads this.

Well,
PLEASE DONT FORGET TO
VOTE
AND
COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!