9- Legend Says...

Sally's POV

There was a huge shadow. We were only a few minutes away from Samantha's house. We all got out of the house, looking at the sky. A huge shape blocked the sun. It was like a huge bird. Or maybe a...

"Dragon?" Fane looked confused.

"Maybe." I said.

"I thought dragons were just old legends!" Steve said.

"We're not even sure if it's a dragon." Fane said.

I was pretty sure it was a dragon though.

I quickly dialed Samantha's number. She didn't answer. That was too suspicious.

Suddenly the sun came back.

Then it disappeared again. "Two dragons?" I asked.

Everyone shrugged.

"Samantha didn't answer! Quick! Let's go back to her house to find clues!" I said eagerly.

When we arrived, I knocked on her door.

Knock, knock, knock.

Pause.

Knock, knock, knock, knock-

Fane just opened the door. He smirked. "It's open."

I glared at him, rolled my eyes, and walked in.

I wasn't that surprised. She wasn't there.

"Steve and Axel, search the house together." Fane ordered.

She left her phone here! I tried opening it, but it was locked. I checked her bedroom with Fane. It looked pretty normal. It didn't have anything weird or different.

Nope, just a normal, ordinary bedroom.

I examined the outside of her bedroom, and her door. After examining the bedroom again, I checked the bathroom. Fane checked if there was anything hollow. Nope.

I checked her closet. Nope...

"Wait! I see a weird shiny golden box!" I yelled at Fane. He quickly came over.

I slowly opened it. There were a few pictures.

There was one picture with Samantha and Caroline on a cliff. That was dated 3 years ago.

One with them and a polar bear. That was also dated three years ago.

One with them and another female. "I'm assuming Crystal or Eve?" I asked. Fane just nodded. This picture was also dated three years ago.

One with Samantha and Crystal/Eve on a bridge. That was dated two years ago.

Five more with all three of them, dated two years ago.

There was one with them skydiving. 15 months ago.

After 15 months, there was no more Crystal/Eve. No more pictures.

Under all the pictures, there was a black rose stuck to a note. The note said, "Crystal- frostbreath, Hail, Icewing, disappear, fall, maybe dead." It was written in blood.

"I don't think Samantha wrote that..." I whispered to Fane. "I think Caroline did."

Pause.

Wow, Fane's mate is scaryyyyyyy!

I continued. "I think Hail, an 'icewing' who, I think has frostbreath, made Crystal fall down. Hm... Fall down where? Fall down... Fall down from the sky!" I gasped. "Fane! I think they are also dragons! And I think Crystal disappeared!"