8- Finding

Fane's POV

2 hours later...
"Hey Fane! I didn't get anything on Eve and Crystal!" My sis said.

"There's nothing on Hail either, but I think I found something on Samantha." I said.

"What?" Sally looked a bit too excited.

"Well, she's a werewolf, but she doesn't have a pack."

"So, a rogue?"

"Not necessarily, but kind of. I think she might be hard to find though. But the last time she was seen was with someone that matches with my mate's appearance."

"Then what are you waiting for! Let's go!"

Steve, Ann, and Jasper, you will come with me and Sally. Jake, take care of the pack when I'm gone. I mind linked.

Yes Alpha.

About 30 minutes later...

"Here we are!" I said. We arrived near a small forest, in front of an average sized house.

I can't smell mate! Conan growled.

Maybe she was covering her scent? I have no idea.

"So, come on!" Sally ran up to the door.

Knock, knock-

"Who is this?" A female opened the door.

Let me do the talking, Sally mind linked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you Samantha?"

"Yes..." Samantha said hesitantly.

"Well, can we talk inside?"

Samantha lead us inside, but she still looked hesitant, but not fearful. Huh.

Sally's POV

"So how do you guys know my name and why are you here?" Samantha asked.

"We know you're a werewolf." My brother cut in.

Argh! I told him to let me do all the talking! He'll just mess everything up!

I glared at him, but he just shrugged.

"Well, we are here to ask you about Caroline. Have you seen her?" I tried to look like I was harmless.

That didn't work, since she had a fearful look in her eyes and she stood up.

"Get out!" She growled.

Now Fane started talking. I hope he doesn't mess up. "Well, I am her mate, so I am looking for her. Please help us look for her." His eyes were saying, "If you don't, I'll just kill you." I rolled my eyes. I'm not scared of him.

Samantha's face showed that she was confused. "She never told me she found her mate!"

"So you did see her!" I yelped.

She sighed and sat down. "Yes, she was here."

"How come we didn't smell her?" My stupid ass brother cuts in.

"It's not my story to tell. I am one of her best friends, and I have not yet decided if you are an enemy or a friend. But, so far you guys are kind of non-threatening." She looked at Fane. "You, kiddo, don't know what you're up against."

Fane growled. "What do you mean?"

Samantha shrugged and smirked.

Fane growled louder again. His eyes were turning black. "What. Do. You. Mean."

"Whoa, fur ball. No need to get all wolfy!" I looked at her with a newfound respect and grinned. She smiled back.

"Like I said, it's not my story to tell. But I could give you a hint. I am not just a werewolf, and Caroline isn't just a werewolf either. Of course, she's something else."

I wondered what else Samantha was.

Mermaid? Nah, she doesn't act like it.

Fox? No, she's not that tricky and sly.

Vampire? No... she's not annoying and blood craving.

Witch? Probably not... cause she would've just kicked us out and used her powers

What else?

There was nothing else.

Unless...

No. They are only legends.

Samantha smirked. "Now, since I told you that, you can go now!" She shooed the others out.

She then turned to me. "You seem interesting. You wanna hang out sometime?"

I smiled. "Sure!" And then we exchanged numbers.

Fane yelled, "Come on Sally!"

Samantha winked. But when I turned around, I thought I saw something fade into view next to Samantha. But when I turned around again, it disappeared. Huh. Weird.

I quickly waved and ran out.

But on the way home, I couldn't get that scene out of my head. It was weird. What happened? Was I just hallucinating?
***

How bout that? Do you have any ideas? What do you think Samantha meant? Should I make the chapters longer?

Comment and vote pleaseeeeee!