Chapter Two - Platform 9 & 3/4

(Time skip to the start of Seventh Year)

Lily:

I close my eyes, and take a deep breath. This is it Lily.... the last time you'll hear the chatter of excited pupils, preparing to go back to school for another year. The last time you'll hear the owls hooting, and mothers crying, saying goodbye to their children. The last time you'll see that wondrous sight, the Hogwarts Express, getting ready to take students back to school. Wow....I'll never feel this way again. That's a lot to take in.

I begin walking towards the train. I had said goodbye to my parents at the barrier - I didn't want them to come in incase Malfoy or Black tried to say or do something that could hurt them. I wouldn't put it past any of the Slytherins to try and hex my poor parents when all they want to do is say goodbye to their child. I told them I was embarrassed - they definitely didn't buy it but understood that I must have had a good reason for not wanting them to come in. I keep my head bowed, not wanting to attract any trouble. I'm wearing my muggle clothes - a light pink knitted sweater and some black skinny jeans and black ankle boots. Nice comfy clothes.

There's a bunch of people standing in my way - there's no use trying to get through them so I just stop and start fumbling with my pendant necklace

There's a bunch of people standing in my way - there's no use trying to get through them so I just stop and start fumbling with my pendant necklace. I got it for my birthday from my mum last year - she said it was her mum's and she wanted me to have it. It's really beautiful and means a lot to me because I was really close with my grandmother up until she passed away two years ago.

As I look at the pendant and begin to feel more confident and upbeat about this year, I decide to look up and see that the crowd is gone

I take a step forward and immediately something crashes into me. I fall to the ground, not very gracefully. Frustrated, I take a look at what it was. Potter. I should have known. Despite his kindness after Snape called me a...a mudblood, he has barely changed. He did stop asking me out every day though - it is now a weekly occurence. He is still as big a pain in the ass as he was in 5th Year. Godric, am I still looking at him? Wow, has he really grown even more over the summer? He's always been tall but now he's towering over me. I'm not actually even that small - I'm 5'4 which is an average enough height. He's just a bloody giant. Merlin, he must be about 6'4! And he's really grown into himself over the summer. Potter blushes and I realise that I've been staring at him. Flip sake Lily, catch a grip on yourself. He's still Potter, the annoying arrogant asshole that he's always been.