Chapter Five - An Interesting First Morning

James:

There is only one way to describe our private Head's common room - fucking awesome! Hell, it doesn't even show up on the Marauders Map! I thought we had everywhere in the school apart from the Room of Requirement on it! I still can't quite wrap my head around it - I get to share a private common room with LILY EVANS! What luck! Honestly, when Dumbledore told me it was like having the best Christmas and Birthday presents you have ever received combined! That was how I felt! I think Dumbledore could quite clearly see what a present he had given to me. Why do I think this you might ask? Oh yes, because on the way out of his office, when Lily wasn't looking, he winked at me! I almost snorted and had to pass it off as a cough!

And don't even get me started on my bedroom! It's very similar to my room at home - just even bigger and with more Gryffindor representation! The walls are all painted a dark red, and I have a Gryffindor duvet and red sheets on my king sized bed. The curtains are the same dark red as the walls only with a bit of gold on them. I have a gold headboard on my bed, and there is a small area in the corner of my room with a basket that is labelled 'for your broom'. Incredible! This is like my dream room! I put my posters of the Chudley Cannons on one wall and pictures of my friends and parents on another. I also put a small photo that my mum had done of our family - Mum, Dad, Sirius and me - on my bedside table. This whole room is just fantastic! What a fabulous day!

I sit on my bed, soaking in the comfort it provides when I start to wonder how Lily's doing

I sit on my bed, soaking in the comfort it provides when I start to wonder how Lily's doing. Literally as I go to get up and knock on our connected door, she knocks. I quickly open it, quite dazed from the sudden movement. I take a look at her room. It's a beautiful, light baby blue and white mix - perfect for Lils. "Wow, yours is fantastic!" I say to her, grinning. "Thanks!" she says, grinning back at me, "Would it be ok if I tell my friends the password to this common room? It's just that I think that they would like...". Here I interrupted her, "That's fine! The real question is can I tell my friends the password to our common room, because I have a sneaking suspicion that your peace and quiet won't last as long when they get here?". I mean, it isn't exactly like Pads is a relaxing person to be around, and I know that Lily's friends are probably more chilled so I want to make sure that I won't annoy or upset her by having the boys over. "No, that's fine! How about we make a rule though - they have to tell us when they're coming? Sound good?" she asks me. That's actually really clever. I nod in reply. "Ok, well. Goodnight!" she says, shooting me one last smile before I say, "Night, Lils!". I then close the door to give her back her privacy.

This is like a dream come true.

I start to get ready for bed, pulling on my pyjama bottoms. I normally sleep without a shirt - I mean, I don't even know how most boys can sleep with one on! Weird! I hop into bed and pick up my home copy of Quidditch Through the Ages. It's never too soon to start planning tactics for the upcoming season! Who am I kidding? I've been planning tactics for this season since the day Gryffindor lifted the Quidditch Cup last season! I hope we get a good bunch of players this year. We lost our superb keeper, Michael Wood last year, as well as Jordan Spinnet. I'm just glad that Michael's sister Annabelle is in my year, she's a fantastic seeker. Marlene McKinnon and Naomi Bell are my fellow chasers, and Padfoot is our only remaining beater now that Spinnet's gone. I'll have to decide on a date for trials. Hmmm...